Contribute
Register

Problem after updating to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same audio problems, but there's talk of a new MultiBeast being released soon. Will the updated audio drivers in MB make it so we don't have to remove the "npci=0x3000?"

I'm having the same audio problems, but there's talk of a new MultiBeast being released soon. Will the updated audio drivers in MB make it so we don't have to remove the "npci=0x3000?"

Do you need that flag to run?

Do you need that flag to run?

I deleted it last night, and it seems to be fine. I've just had that flag for over two years that it seems like I should still keep it.

My tech ignorance is showing here... I don't really know what npci=0x3000 does, except in this case where it prevents audio from working.

Can confirm that removing npci=0x3000 from org.chameleon.boot.plist magically restored the audio for me. Mobo is GA-Z77-DS3H, video is geforce 660. I had that flag from back in the dark ages when i was troubleshooting sleep with a geforce 450. Doesn't seem to be needed with the 660.

Sorry if this has been aswered but I haver neither npci=0x3000 or npci=0x3000 in my chameleon.plist. I have been using multibeast 4.6.1 and choosing kexts for ALC887 (without dsdt) everything was working fine. But these kexts from the multibeast 4.6.1 dosent work in 10.8.5 and though I can get sound using the latest multibeast it results in mouse and keyboard freeze upon startup (2 to 3 minutes). Tried different and Toleda moddified kexts, without a remedy and it seems that its the HDAenabler1 kext that may be the problem... Anybody with a soultion? : )

Ahh sorry...thought I had put them in there :)
My specs are:
I7 2600K
nVidia Geforce 210
GA-H61M-S2PV Rev 2.0 FD Bios (UEFI Bios)
The reason I used the old 4.6.1 kext is that, it was the only one that I could make to work on my system. Tried later editions of multibeast and voodoo kexts but they either resulted in my mouse and keyboard freezing up, not showing up in sound preferences or kernel panics.
Please let me know if you need more details..thanks..

I forgot to mention that I was updating from 10.8.4 where everything was running fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back