Contribute
Register

Problem after updating to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also having kernel panics in applehda* after upgrading to 10.8.5.

Have a gigabyte z68ap-d3 and before i was using alc889 patch.

rgds

Pieter

I got the same kernel panic. Then I removed the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and it works. But, still no sound for alc 889. :confused:

Lost audio after 10.8.5 Combo Update. Tried to install AppleHDA for ALC889 to no avail. Some more information:

1. No audio output from green connector, used to work with 10.8.4, audio input via iSight (firewire) works

2. Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (BIOS F12), i7 2600k@4,2GHz, 10.8.5, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6850

3. Unibeast/Multibeast (latest), AppleHDA 2.3.7

4. dsdt.aml from tonymacx86.com vanilla, no edits

5. copy of IOReg: enclosed

There are no IOHDACodecDevice entries (Dooh!) The IOReg from 10.8.4 had 1B,2 and 1B,3 entries with correct VendoirCodecIDs for ALC889. They are gone after the update.

TIA

This is the EXACT SAME issue I am having with the exact same board. However, I am on the UEFI version of this board. I'm no newbie to updating sound after updates - it's worked every single update before from 10.6.6 onwards. This time though, after two days, I'm still left without sound. I have the HDA entry in my IOReg, but, just as with this guy, no IOHDACodecDevice entries.

Any ideas Toleda?

you are right, I made a picture after I inserted my second graphics card. But definitely it was crashing because of applehda. Going to retry now with removal of hda stuff, and indeed with one graphics card removed before starting the 1st time.

you r right appleintelsnbgraphics is crashing, going to remove that also and let you know!

Indeed that solved it, going to insert the second graphics card, and wait for a solution to have sounds again :)

thanks!

Attachments

• 2013-09-14 19.09.27.jpg
    2013-09-14 19.09.27.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
This is the EXACT SAME issue I am having with the exact same board.
It is clear, your system is damaged. Kernel cache appears to be in an unknown state. Rebuilding cache does not solve the problem. Regarding audio, System Information/Software/Extensions is only showing AppleHDAController; AppleHDA is missing and the reason for no audio. A couple of suggestions:
1. Remove S/L/E/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
2. Boot with UseKernelCache=No or Without Cache. If audio, problem solved
3. Run 10.8.5 Software Update, do not install audio, restart. Verify native audio: System Information/Software/Extensions/AppleHDA. If AppleHDA, install MB/audio, restart. If audio, problem solved.
4. Restore 10.8.4 backup, remove S/L/E/GenericUSBXHCI.kext, goto Step 3.

Reply with results and IOReg, if no audio.

you r right appleintelsnbgraphics is crashing, going to remove that also and let you know!
Off topic. For the second time, there is no sign of AppleHDA.kext in your screenshot. You do not have an audio problem, you have a Sandy Bridge graphics (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back