Graphics
Radeon Sapphire 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a working dualboot hackintosh with a i5-2500k and a Gigabyte Motherboard Z68A-D3H-B3. Last night I updated my BIOS to F13 and everything went smoothly. Booted into Mac OS X Lion and Windows 7 and everything worked fine. Today I decided to take the next step and pop in my new i7-3770K. I tried booting into Lion and the apple logo appeared for about half a second and then the computer just rebooted. I tried a few times and decided to boot into Windows 7. Windows 7 installed the drivers right away and had no problem. I've tried every single boot flag imaginable. I still have my unibeast 8gb USB that has Lion installation still on it however I also get errors. I've booted in verbose and didn't notice any errors. I didn't do any changes with multibeast which may be my problem. I could really use some advice from the people of tonymacx86!

*Edit* Making Lion boot into 32bit mode causes the apple logo to appear but it doesn't go away, it's stuck on it. I swapped in my i5 and installed a driver for sandy bridge i5 and i7's but its still popping the logo up for 1 second then shutting down

Did you double check with GA support that the latest BIOS for your board supports Ivy Bridge CPUs?

I had a working dual boot hackintosh with a i5-2500k and a Gigabyte Motherboard Z68A-D3H-B3. Last night I updated my BIOS to F13 and everything went smoothly. Booted into Mac OS X Lion and Windows 7 and everything worked fine. Today I decided to take the next step and pop in my new i7-3770K. I tried booting into Lion and the apple logo appeared for about half a second and then the computer just rebooted. I tried a few times and decided to boot into Windows 7. Windows 7 installed the drivers right away and had no problem. I've tried every single boot flag imaginable. I still have my unibeast 8gb USB that has Lion installation still on it however I also get errors. I've booted in verbose and didn't notice any errors. I didn't do any changes with multibeast which may be my problem. I could really use some advice from the people of tonymacx86!

*Edit* Making Lion boot into 32bit mode causes the apple logo to appear but it doesn't go away, it's stuck on it. I swapped in my i5 and installed a driver for sandy bridge i5 and i7's but its still popping the logo up for 1 second then shutting down

The F13 BIOS has support for Ivy Bridge CPUs so that should not be a problem.

Have you updated your Lion to 10.7.5 before replacing the CPU? Only 10.7.5 has support for Ivy Bridge CPUs like the Core i7 3770K.

Likewise if your UniBeast USB stick is made from a version of Lion before 10.7.5 then it won't be able to boot correctly on an Ivy Bridge CPU like the 3770K.

Can you boot from your UniBeast USB stick after you put back the 2500K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back