Contribute
Register

Problem after booting catalina installer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a discrete graphics card installed then why you're not using it either by DVI or HDMI cable to your monitor, seems pointless as well as a waste. You need to carefully check your BIOS settings again to insure OSX will install without a hitch.

Because it doesnt give a signal :/ its not that it needs a driver after ? Is it possible it works directly also for viewing bios screen ? Or how do you mean? Normally i use displayport but doesnt give a signal :/ will check bios again , also updated to F8 , what is the best i can do ? Better to install the xfc radeon VII after i installed mac catalina ? Regards V

You need to go in the Bios and change the setting for the discrete graphics card but the card should be in the first PCIE slot (from the top) on the motherboard so that OS X will see and boot off the card. By the way the screen shot you posted is blurred making it impossible to read the panic report.

Ok i will try again , ( card is in pci slot 1 )is it normail that bios doesnt recognize the card ? In windows it worked after instaling. But will try again . Thank you ! Will make a log next time

Hello Everyone ,

Im still having a mac pro ( late 2013 ) but its getting to slow for me , im a photographer and working with large hasselblad files open in one time and my computer is getting old for me and dont want to buy a mac pro so i wanted to create something in line.

I builded a desktop with

Gigabyte z390 Designare
Intel® Core i9-9900K 8X 3,6 GHz Boxed
64gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 XMP 2.0
XFX AMD Radeon VII 16GB HBM2
SSD Corsair MP600, Force Series,1TB
Samsung MZ-V7E1T0BW 970 EVO 1 TB
EVGA SuperNova Voeding G3 650w
cooling cpu CORSAIR Hydro-serie H150i PRO

first i installed windows on the samsung evo , this worked well and everything works , but windows is not my favourite so wanted to install Hackintosh with Catalina 10.0.32 , i did everything what was necesarry ( removed the windows ssd mp in slot 1 ) for the install ,bootable udb disk , bios configuration but when i wanted to install the Catalina 15.0.32 with the -v , everything loads but after that the screen goes out en computer stays on , so there is something wrong.

Is there anybody that can help me with this ?

when i booted i was able to select the mac os installer , then all the text came over and then my monitor quits and computer stays on ,

my hdmi was in my motherboard to monitor , also tried to put in the Radeon VII but this didnt help.

is there something i do wrong ? or in my EFI ?

i worked with terminal for making the bootable usb with catalina installer + Clover + Clover configurator

Please help me out ! big big thanks from belgium

Greetings Vinni
Hey @vinnilagrange, I am thinking on getting a very similar setup for myself, and I would like to ask you:
1- Have you had any trouble fitting the MP600 into the Designare?
2 - Does an MP600 and an, say, MP500 fit in the two M.2 inputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back