Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B360M DS3H
CPU
Intel i5-8400
Graphics
Geforce RTX 2080
Hello, after trying to install Windows 10 as a partition of my disk (Dualboot) it gave me an error when installing it that I did not give much importance to because I do not necessarily need Windows. But when trying to get back to a single partition with Mac, the disk utility won't let me, and when I run the first aid it says to me "First Aid has detected an error that needs to be repaired. To repair the boot volume, run First Help from Recovery. Click OK to continue.", And to show more details, I get "Problems were found with the partition map which might prevent booting". I tried to solve it from the first aid in recovery but it tells me the same and that it repairs in recovery. Thanks.

Hello, after trying to install Windows 10 as a partition of my disk (Dualboot) it gave me an error when installing it that I did not give much importance to because I do not necessarily need Windows. But when trying to get back to a single partition with Mac, the disk utility won't let me, and when I run the first aid it says to me "First Aid has detected an error that needs to be repaired. To repair the boot volume, run First Help from Recovery. Click OK to continue.", And to show more details, I get "Problems were found with the partition map which might prevent booting". I tried to solve it from the first aid in recovery but it tells me the same and that it repairs in recovery. Thanks.

Hi there.

Firstly, take the opportunity to back-up any data on the macOS partition and de-activate any software that allows you to. Also de-authorise iTunes.

By doing these simple steps you save yourself a headache if your main disk does finally go belly-up.

Unfortunately Windows can sometimes damage a macOS partition, especially if installed on the same disk. Mount the EFI partition and see if there is a Microsoft folder in there. If so this is the Windows boot system.

Check in your main drive again using the Terminal version of 'diskutil' and see if the partitions are visible.

If the errors persist you might try a demo version one of the commercial disk utilities to see if they can repair. Otherwise, with a data saved, you might have to repartition the drive as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back