Contribute
Register

Prob really simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Need a little help troubleshooting. Ill start with the specs of the builds.

Build#1 Z68XP-UD4-B3 F6 -i7 2600K - GTX590 - 16GB 1600MHZ - 120GB Vertex3 SSD - 1TB HDD - 1000 Watt PSU
Build#2 Z68XP-UD7-B3 F9 -i7 2600K - GTX580 - 16GB 1600MHZ - 240GB Vertex3 SSD - 500GB HD - 750 Watt PSU

Basically I cloned Build#1's Drive with CCC and put on an external USB3, changed DDST to correct one on that drive and proceed to boot that drive on Build#2 so I can clone across again to that machines internal drive.

The problem is that I cannot seem to get the keyboard or mouse to work on Build#2 not sure if it has a different chipset and needs a different kext, the mouse moves on screen so I assume it works, but i cannot do anything by clicking restart, sleep or shutdown and the keyboard does not allow me to type my password to login.

Tried diff ports, disabling legacy support ect, just need a few pointers in the right direction from some people that do this day in day out, now I have a full time job working with PC's and Macs all day long the last thing I want is to stay up all night with small problems like this.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me.

yes past install, as stated this is a clone of an almost identical working machine. I am using a USB keyboard and mouse..

Booting up with rBoot the mouse and keyboard works fine.

I was going to do a fresh install but cannot get the installer to boot from DVD it just reboots after Starting Darwinx86 message.? this is Booting with iBoot 3.2.0 and a burned InstallESD.dmg DVD

If anyone has a fix for either issues I would be extremely grateful.

Re: Prob really simple. [Solved]

Any one have any help or advise apart from a fresh install, this is my home use install that I am cloning for use @ work.

if not Ill just take the MBP in or suffer with Windows 7. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back