Contribute
Register

Pro Video Editing: X99 deluxe - I7-5930k - GTX 970, 4K UHD professional editing, any chance of Hacki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, but will I be able to run maverics using integrated intel HD 4600 and ignore gtx 970? I need OS X just for XCode.

Um....there are no​ integrated graphics on any X99 chipset board...X99 or any socket 2011 board requires dedicated GPU card....

Sorry, i didnt mention i would use my GTX 970 with ga-h81m-hd3 or ga-z97-hd3. Will i be able to run yosemite on hd 4600 then? Thanks for answer

Sorry, i didnt mention i would use my GTX 970 with ga-h81m-hd3 or ga-z97-hd3. Will i be able to run yosemite on hd 4600 then? Thanks for answer

No offense, but the topic of this post is: Pro Video Editing: X99 deluxe - I7-5930k - GTX 970.... So posting your question and use case of the GTX 970 with ga-h81m-hd3 or ga-z97-hd3 is completely off-topic and confusing to those from whom you are seeking help.

If you want to know if that GPU works with those other 2 motherboards, please make a new post in the video forum and submit your inquiry. This thread should be about the hardware combination listed in the post title.

Ok, sorry for misleading then. I guess i was too greedy for answer. Won't happen again ;)

I have almost exactly the same rig running 10.10.
So yes it can be done but not just with a standard install.

Here is what I have.
Desktop: - Gigabyte X99-UD4 - i7 5930K @ 3,5 GHz - GeForce GTX 970 - 4 GB - Crucial MX100 SSD 512 GB - 32 GB Crucial - DDR4 SDRAM - 16 GB - 10.10 Up and running

You need to install with a patched kernel on USB and after install you need to manualy copy the patched kext to the new install. For installation I use the guide found here. after install I use Clover as bootloader.

It can sleep runs fast CPU benchmarks. The only disappointing is the graphics performance. I use nVidia Webdrivers but benchmarks on GPU are low. All other things works fine.

I have almost exactly the same rig running 10.10.
So yes it can be done but not just with a standard install.

Here is what I have.
Desktop: - Gigabyte X99-UD4 - i7 5930K @ 3,5 GHz - GeForce GTX 970 - 4 GB - Crucial MX100 SSD 512 GB - 32 GB Crucial - DDR4 SDRAM - 16 GB - 10.10 Up and running

You need to install with a patched kernel on USB and after install you need to manualy copy the patched kext to the new install. For installation I use the guide found here. after install I use Clover as bootloader.

It can sleep runs fast CPU benchmarks. The only disappointing is the graphics performance. I use nVidia Webdrivers but benchmarks on GPU are low. All other things works fine.

I am just joining this chat, so could you please tell me what's going on? I also plan to build an X99 rig, just trying to figure out what motherboard to buy.

Is USB 3.0 working for you guys? on the gigabyte and the Asus? wanting to build a similar system as well but working USB 3.0 is pretty high on my priority list!

Yes everything works like it should. Perfectly smooth just a fine rig!
:)

Which would be the better mobo to run Yosemite, Gigabyte X99-UD4 or the Asus X99 Deluxe?

Which would be the better mobo to run Yosemite, Gigabyte X99-UD4 or the Asus X99 Deluxe?

I would go for the Gigabyte and not asus.I've read many trouble with that mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back