Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Restarting after installing Pro Tools 9 or 10 in Lion causes Kernel Panic with a Digidal.kext causing it . Someone was reporting that installing with Multibeast 3.8 (Chimera 1.4) solved the problem . So please sort out the problem in 1.6 regarding this issue . A lot of us guys use our machines for Pro Tools ,so .......

Dear MACMAN ,

No such issues on a Mac Pro , so contacting Avid is not going to help .......
And moreover , there was a topic in one of the forums which said that Chimera 1.4 (Multibeast 3.8) solved the problem .Only issued is that I am unable to install Lion with Chimera 1.4 (using MB 3.8) on my H55M S2V MOBO with a CoreI3 540 processor !!!
Really banking on you for a solution .
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=33285&start=0&hilit=Pro+Tools
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=39012&hilit=Pro+Tools+10

Chimera 1.4 was based on Chameleon 2.0 RC5 trunk r877. Chimera 1.5 and later is based on the Chameleon 2.0 release code.

The Chameleon team did make significant changes between r877 and r1394 which is what Chameleon 2.0 and Chimera 1.5, 1.6 and soon 1.7 are based on. So the issue most likely lies in what they changed.

Have you tried the latest trunk release of Chameleon? If it doesn't work, then I would suggest opening a issue with the Chameleon team.

I tried installing Pro Tools 10 on the Gigabyte H55 M S2V ,with Chimera 1.7 ,OS 10.7.2 .
Kernel Panic came up with the screen showing "PCI Parity error" after the grey screen of death !!! Really crazy !!! Everything including the Pro Tools Highest End HD Accel PCI-E cards work beautifully in 10.6.8 ....... Really wonder what is happening !!!

Dear MacMan ,

Thanks for the attention . Pro Tools is 32 and 64 bit compatible. Lot of us Pro Tools guys on this forum are having Digidal.kext issues . MB 3.8 (Chimera 1.41) is a solution ,but I have yet to check with the Avid Digidesign PCI-E cards . There is definitely NO KERNEL PANIC with Chimera 1.4.1 . Chimera 1.7 ,1.6 etc.... all make the system fo into KP. I got this solution from Robert on another thread in this forum .

I'm having the same issue.

Oddly, I'm only having it on my new system. My old system runs PT10 just great.

They were both created with the same version of Unibeast. Can I downgrade my version Chimera without major headaches?

If you remove digital.kext immediately after installing PT this solves the problem unless you are running an HD system. HDsystems need this next to recognize the PCI or PCIe cards.

So, it must have something to do with PCI issues in the new Chameleon.

This metod partially solved for me in Snow Leopard 10.6.8:
- rename DigiDal.kext in DigiDal.diskext (for example), you have to do it in Windows or putting disk in another Mac if you have already KP. Boot with -s causes same issues.
- boot with -v -f
- Mac OS X stard but HD cards are not recognized.
- after boot in Mac OS rename back DigiDal.diskext in DigiDal.kext
- reboot in normal mode. Do not force cache rebuild!
- now SL should start and HD recognized.

It partially works because I have still random KP at first boot. At second boot, after a simply reboot, everything works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back