Contribute
Register

Pro Tools HD 10.1.2 Build on Gigabyte X79 (Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KBV said:
I have this mobo and have been looking EVERYWHERE for the DSDT. Can you please link me yours man? Ty :)

Link is already posted at the bottom of the first post in this forum

pahoran said:
DaveyWavey said:
leluoch said:
Pro Tools HD 10.1.2 with digidesign hd core card pci, u mean pci or pci e
if pci, does pci works under osx

Yep this is PCI, it's works perfectly on Mac OSX. The chose of the X79 chipset means that PCI is supported natively by the chipset.

EDIT: it does have 1 old PCI slot.

Are u sure is not PCIe X1 ? That board has no old PCI slots
Let me re check...
Can u list the specific model of those digi design cards?

Thanks!

This board has 1 PCI Slot. Using it for my HD core card. Still no problems, not a single issue since it was built

Fine system !
I bookmarked your post as a reference.

I use Pro Tools 10.2 on a SnowLeo 10.6.8. I don't want Lion (give nothing more than SnowLeo for me, and not very stable with Pro Tools).
I planned one system with the same mobo and the same CPU. I dowloaded your DSDT (GA-X79-UD3.aml).
If I have some problems in configuration, I will ask you some advices.

DaveyWavey, I went out and got the exact same build as you yet I'm stuck at the moment with the Boot0 error. I got all the way to installing multibeast with your DSDT file, yet when I rebooted, the boot0 error came and it just goes on infinite reboot loop. Now I'm stuck. Got any ideas?

@ euniverse

Davey Wavey Quote :
"Only issue was that I had to add the PCIRootUID=1 to get the install to complete, but a real breeze after that"

Try this...

DW,
What are your thoughts about using a magma pci chassis with this build? Also, would Lion work? I have an older pci to pci chassis, so one pci slot is all I need.
- J

Hi,
I'm building my 3th Hackintosh, (after a SL i7 870 and one CCE notebook ML i7 2760qm) with this hardware configuration:
Gigabyte x79-ud3
i7 3820
G.Skill 3x8GB 1866Mhz Ripjaws X
AMD Randeon HD 6870 1gb 256bits
Intel SSD 320 series 160GB sata 2

I sucessful installed SL with IBoot and updated to 10.6.8 version. I will install Pro Tools 9.06, so I will stay on SL.
My network works natively.
The onboard audio is disabled on BIOS (I will not use, I use an external soundcard).

I only can boot using GraphicsEnabler=No (fixed using Multibeast)
My graphic card is recognized by system as ATI Randeon HD ni40
I cannot boot in 64 bits mode. I tryed arch=x86_64 but did not work. Multibeast did not solved the problem too. I see 24 gb in system profiler/memory, but the os uses only 4gb. I cant use my memories in 1600mhz, only in 1333mhz.

I would be very grateful if someone can help me on this journey and sorry for bad english…

Thanks

I had been working on an old Mac G5 with ProTools 8 HD with 2 PCIe Excel sound cards. The Mac I have does not have a Pentium processor in it. I bought it just before they switched to using Intel CPU's. I would like to build a Custom mac Pro, and I have no idea where to start. I know that I need OS 10.6.7 in order to run Protools 8 and the plugins that I would like to use. It also must be a Pentium processor for the version of plugins I would like to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back