RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FastTrackDuo_Features_KeyFeature1_550xVariable.jpg

Avid has announced a new version of its DAW, Pro Tools 11 coming out Q2 of 2013. It has also released two new products that directly support iOS devices. The two previous 'Fast Track' USB powered devices have been redesigned and are now called, 'Fast Track Solo' and 'Fast Track Duo'. The redesigned devices definitely have a new look compared to their predecessors, 'Fast Track Pro' and 'Fast Track USB' which were released by M-Audio which in turn was bought by Avid.

Check out further details at 9 to 5 Mac:
http://9to5mac.com/2013/04/08/avid-...ls-alongside-first-ios-compatible-interfaces/

Hopefully prices are favorable, Avid is losing their exaggerated prices users.

So, I've been in the wilderness for a while (Have had a lot of work come in recently) and haven't been checking up on here as often as I should..

Just so you guys know, I have successfully installed PT11 on my machine.. It has only crashed once (not bad for the first release of a Program) and I have been able to run 2 of my most recent sessions successfully! (All that I have attempted, they're fairly intensive post sessions for films)

Screen Shot 2013-06-23.jpg
116330-e3d5482511c3b8add018f51ccc1c2d56.jpg

I purchased an MBox Pro with PT10 bundled (I got a free upgrade to PT11 because of the purchase timeframe) for $1000AU
I was running PT 10.3.5 with no worries (except for the 32bit architecture) Apparently Avid recommend running PT 10.3.6 and PT 11 simultaneously I have updated to 10.3.6 for 32bit and installed 11 for 64bit.

Everything is working as it should!! I understand that I cannot use my 32bit plugins in PT 11, a little annoyed about that, but when more 64bit AAX plugins become available, things will really start to improve..

I haven't had the chance to install any HD stuff on CustoMacs as I don't need a HD system at home (and my business isn't large enough to warrant the expense of purchase) I do use HD systems in various studios though, and I am a little concerned about the time spent waiting for high end users to upgrade. Hence Avid supplying PT 10.3.6..

If you have any doubts about standard Pro Tools running on a CustoMac, hopefully there is enough information around to quash your doubts. I can't speak for HD systems.. Yet..

**Sorry important edit**

About This Mac.jpg

Overview.png

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back