Contribute
Register

[PRO TIP] Get better WiFi/BT Signal when using PCIe BT/WiFi Card in a Tower Case

Is it possible to buy just those antennas?

I wrote that tip many years ago. Just changing the Bluetooth antenna fixing all BT problems. I am using this cheap antenna ($2) for 5 years and don't have any problem so far.

View attachment 436252
Hey im seeing this antenna. But my PCI card have 3 antenna ports.
So. I need to use only 1 port with this antenna or I need to use all of 3 ports ???

So. I need to use only 1 port with this antenna or I need to use all of 3 ports ???
All three would be better, as that would improve the WiFi reception as well as the Bluetooth.

You can use one extension if you wish, just for the Bluetooth module, assuming you know which aerial needs extending so your bluetooth works better.

All three would be better, as that would improve the WiFi reception as well as the Bluetooth.

You can use one extension if you wish, just for the Bluetooth module, assuming you know which aerial needs extending so your bluetooth works better.
Tks for answer. My PCI card have 3 ports for antenna. So like u said … will have 1 port antenna for bluetooth in PCI card right ?

Yes one of the three aerials will be for Bluetooth reception & broadcasting.

Which WiFi/BT card are you using?

6CD83310-A201-453F-8B69-2ADF7769F4B5.jpeg

Like this. bcm94360cs2. Im thinking maybe center port for bluetooth

Yes, the middle aerial is usually designated for the Bluetooth connection.

The Broadcom BCM94360CD uses 4 x U.FL connectors.

The U.FL connector is made by Hirose, and is the equivalent of an IPEX MHF connector.

The Broadcom BCM94360CD uses 4 x U.FL connectors.

The U.FL connector is made by Hirose, and is the equivalent of an IPEX MHF connector.
Thanks Edhawk, sorry, I should have specified Size
I purchased an SMA Female Plug to IPX U.FL Female Pigtail Cable Antenna from eBay (linked below) but the IPX U.FL Female Pigtail Cable Antenna end would not fit the BCM94360CD. I think it was either a tad too big or the wrong connector type.

UPDATE: looked up a few Mini PCi-E WiFi cards and they appear to be connected via a MHF4 size antenna connector so I reckon that’s the one (not the one above).

Last edited:
Back