Contribute
Register

[PRO TIP] Get better WiFi/BT Signal when using PCIe BT/WiFi Card in a Tower Case

@Robbish you need to be careful, as the BCM94360CD card uses larger connectors compared to the BCM943602CS/CS2 etc. which I think are from MBP's, had only three aerial connectors using the smaller MHF4 type.

The left hand card is a BCM94360CD, the right hand card is a BCM943602CS and it is clear to see they have very different sized aerial connectors.

IMG_4354.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

The BCM943602CS uses the smallest MHF4 connector.

The older BCM94360CD card use the largest IPEX MHF/U.FL connector.

@Edhawk , right you are Sir, my mistake, I’ve been quoting the wrong card model in my posts. I actually have the Broadcom BCM943602CS x3 antenna card, I only pictured the 4 antenna card for illustration purposes however I did assume that their connectors were identical which they are not.

It does appear still that I need the IPEX MHF-4 female plug end. Thanks

Hi

I bought this card "fenvi T919 PCI-E WiFi Adapter Continuity Handoff" along with 4 * RP-SMA 2 meter cables, antennas was placed 6 cm apart (1 wavelength to avoid WIFI signal to hit same antenna)

My test showed 70/70 mbp, which match my ISP subscription

Worth a look?

If you are using the Fenvi FV-T919 wireless card with four antenna, you might want to extend these away from behind your PC for better reception.

Of the four antenna 1x is the Bluetooth and the other 3x wifi.

This external antenna setup is an ideal option, with 6.5ft leads:

Ant.jpg

Put my money where my mouth is.

Reception - especially on the 5GHz radio - is usefully stronger and with over 2M leads can be positioned for best effect.

The Bluetooth antenna is the third up from the motherboard and the standard supplied antenna works fine for desktop keyboard and mouse use.

:)

Back