Contribute
Register

Price check MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 ghz C2D 750gb HDD..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys wanted to get opinions on this 17" MacBook pro.. My neighbor just got a new MacBook and is selling this pretty cheap.

It's perfect new scratches or dents, power charger and box. I'm watching some on eBay but need to give him an answer tomorrow night.

What would be a decent price for it?

Normally I would say that any C2D wouldn't be worth much, but since its the higher end 17" model and it's a unibody in perfect shape I would think that $800-1000 would be a fair asking price depending on where you are listing it. For example, here in Kansas, you wouldn't get much for it vs. if you were in New York, it would probably pull a premium.

This is all just based off what I think it's worth. Back when I bought my 15" 2011 MBP, 17"s generally went for quite a bit more.

eBay isn't always the best place to price shop since most of the time things are low then skyrocket past what they are worth in the last few minutes. I bought my MBP for $1234.56 off eBay from Denmark. And for me it was a great deal since I was willing to deal with the different keyboard and waiting for it to get here from over seas.

Since you said you needed to give him an answer by tomorrow night I assume you already made up your mind. Are you a proud 17" MBP owner now? :D

Not yet, told him to hold it till Monday he said ok... Than he told me just give him $500 for it if I want it. He's hooking me up he really doesn't need the money or anything.

So I'm thinking this is a no-brainer. I'm gonna buy it Monday, take my SSD out of my 13" Macbook Unibody (late 2008 model) and sell the 13" Macbook.

You were right on with the price I think, the 4 auctions I watched on ebay sold for $940-$1000

Wow sounds like you are getting a great deal! After you sell the 13" it will be like upgrading to the 17" for free since you will probably get around $500 for the 13. :headbang:

Definitely a no-brainer, great deal you're getting there! :headbang:

OneBlueSky said:
Definitely a no-brainer, great deal you're getting there! :headbang:

Yeah I couldn't resist.. I took the SSD out of the 13" MB and gave it to the wife. I'm loving how this 17" MBP is running with the SSD, I hope this thing lasts me cause it runs great. I'm gonna order the caddy and take the optical out and put the 500 GB HDD in that spot for storage and a internal time machine drive. I can always share the optical from my hackintosh or install the original drive in a USB caddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back