Graphics
GTX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm posting this here in Dual boot section because the system is a previously fully functional dual boot (Win7 64bit + retail SL upgraded to Snow Lion).

Before we go any further, details you need to know:

BOARD: P8 Z68 V Pro Gen3 (modified Bios)
RAM: 16GB (2x8) RAM (removed 1 stick during latest install efforts)
GPU: MSI GTX580
CPU: i5 2500K SB
DRIVES: SATA HDD / SSD / OPTICAL
AHCI enabled in Bios etc.

This system has been running fine for over a year with Win7 installed on the SSD and OSX installed on the 1TB HDD which it also shared as storage for the WIndows install (so I had my Win7 Programs installed on the Windows partition ont he same HDD shared by OSX).
Confused yet? No? Good!

Nothing went wrong with the install, I just wanted to simplify the setup by reinstalling OSX onto a seperate HDD so it had a whole drive to itself.
I had a bunch of CC (carbon copied) OSx install backups, so the first thing I did was to copy one of them over to the new drive and see if it boots.
It didn't boot, so then I tried reinstalling the Chimera Multibeast onto it. That didn't help.

Cutting it short here but basically I'm now in a situation where OSX will no longer boot (because I deleted the old partition where it had the bootloader).
I still have a bunch of CC backups of which none will no longer boot (even using -x) after using iBoot (or iBoot Legacy even).

I'm starting to think this has something to do with my modified Bios. When I first hit this OSX adventure trail a few years back, I had no problems (well some but mostly 'lack of experience' related stuff that you get through via trial and error). The point is, I didn;t start with a modified Bios when I first installed SL retail 6.3 off the disc and it installed without a hitch. Now I can't get it to work at all.

Any suggestions?
I'll update as and when I have progress.
Thanks in advance for any useful info!

My hope is to get to a point where I can just duplicate my existing CC LION install onto the properly OSX formatted drive rather then reinstalling from scratch SL 6.3 and updating from there. But if worst comes to worst and thats what I must do, then I will.

So my aim in posting is to get some external views on things I may have missed, its been a while since I've had to do a fresh install. ;)

Not having much luck with this still.
Things I have tried:

1> Re-flashed original Bios (un-modded). (This is what I originally installed SL with.)
2> Removed GTX580 and used my previous HD4890. (Again, what I originally installed SL with.)
3> Removed all extra devices like PCI soundcard, USB peripherals (usbmidi keyboard, external hdd's).

Those were the main things I had in my mind that could cause issues if any but resolving these has not helped.

I am getting kernel panics, screenshots below for those who may be able to interpret.

Just to reiterate for those who did not read the first post fully, this was a previously fully functional hack (stable 2+ years) initially installed via retail SL Multibeast methods then upgraded to OSX Lion. Never had any difficulties getting it past the install screen before.

Attachments

• DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.