Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97
CPU
i7 7700 (3.6GHZ)
Graphics
AMD Radeon 580
Hi all...apologies in advance, I'm new to posting in the forum, but have been a follower for the last 5 years or so.

Long story short, I had to reinstall Mojave on my Hackintosh due to a hard drive failure. Got it reinstalled, but now I can't get Preview to load any files (it crashes). I know it probably has something to do with the external GPU I'm using (an AMD Radeon). Back when I first did this Hackintosh (in 2017), I had it working fine but I can't remember what kexts or configuration I used to get it that way (I think I used NoVPA). Fast forward to now and that kext no longer exists and the others I've tried have seemed to do nothing. Any advice would be great.

Please just let me know what info I need to post and I'll do my best. Thanks in advance!

Hi all...apologies in advance, I'm new to posting in the forum, but have been a follower for the last 5 years or so.

Long story short, I had to reinstall Mojave on my Hackintosh due to a hard drive failure. Got it reinstalled, but now I can't get Preview to load any files (it crashes). I know it probably has something to do with the external GPU I'm using (an AMD Radeon). Back when I first did this Hackintosh (in 2017), I had it working fine but I can't remember what kexts or configuration I used to get it that way (I think I used NoVPA). Fast forward to now and that kext no longer exists and the others I've tried have seemed to do nothing. Any advice would be great.

Please just let me know what info I need to post and I'll do my best. Thanks in advance!

I had this issue when using iMac14,2 and iMac15,1 profile. Enabling the builtin graphics did solve this issue. Also using iMacPro1,1 profile works as well.

How does one enable built in graphics? I remember finding a setting on the motherboard that allowed to run on board graphics jnsewd of the graphics card but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the Radeon. Lol

Also using iMacPro1,1 profile works as well.

So when I try and switch the profile it never changes. Can you help guide me through some step I’m missing? As in what program do you use and the basic steps? Thanks! FYI it’s on an iMac one currently.

So when I try and switch the profile it never changes. Can you help guide me through some step I’m missing? As in what program do you use and the basic steps? Thanks! FYI it’s on an iMac one currently.
You are using the iMacPro1,1 profile? If so, is your built in GPU disabled in BIOS? Can you post your EFI folder?

You are using the iMacPro1,1 profile?
I am using the Late, 2013 iMac profile. I think I used MultiBeast to do the profile originally during install. See these Screenshots from CloverConfigurator and see if that makes sense? If not, just let me know what to post.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.48.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.48.46 AM.png

If so, is your built in GPU disabled in BIOS?
The motherboard I have (MSI Z97) has one option for disabling GPU--if I disable it everything gets out-boarded through my built-in HDMI port. Right now GPU is enabled.

Can you post your EFI folder?
How do you want me to post it? Screen shot or some other way to show/print out?

Based on your About Mac screenshot, you are not using iMacPro1,1 profile. If you were, it would show as iMac Pro (2017). Compress (zip) your EFI folder and when you're typing your reply here, you'll see the Attach files option. Use that to include the compressed EFI folder in your reply.

Compress (zip) your EFI folder and when you're typing your reply here, you'll see the Attach files option. Use that to include the compressed EFI folder in your reply.

Thank you and see attached. This is from the EFI boot for my drive--I mounted the drive through CloverBootloader.

I should also mention that when I had this hard drive failure back last year, I was not able to boot from UFEI on the hard drive anymore--I have to use a thumb stick with Clover on it and boot from that instead.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    51.1 MB · Views: 40
Try out the attached EFI folder. On your OS drive, make sure the path to EFI is set correctly. When you mount the EFI partition, the folder structure should be EFI (Partition)/EFI. As long as you paste the attached EFI folder in the EFI partition, you should be able to boot from the hard drive.

If you do try out this EFI, back up your current one so you can revert back to it if this does not work.

Also, disable iGPU in BIOS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back