Contribute
Register

Preview Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try out the attached EFI folder. On your OS drive, make sure the path to EFI is set correctly. When you mount the EFI partition, the folder structure should be EFI (Partition)/EFI. As long as you paste the attached EFI folder in the EFI partition, you should be able to boot from the hard drive.

If you do try out this EFI, back up your current one so you can revert back to it if this does not work.

Thank you, I'll give this a try in the morning when I'm back on that computer.

Also, disable iGPU in BIOS.

So, this is something I remember searching for. I believe my MSI Z97 board does not have an option to turn off/on the iGPU. I remember searching for it few weeks ago. I believe the only option it gives is setting preferred graphics to onboard or PCI-E.

In BIOS, try looking for in Settings/Advanced/Integrated Graphics Configuration. In there IGD Multi-Monitor should be disabled. That is your onboard graphics.

Initiate Graphic Adapter should be set to PEG in that same section.

Try out the attached EFI folder. On your OS drive, make sure the path to EFI is set correctly. When you mount the EFI partition, the folder structure should be EFI (Partition)/EFI. As long as you paste the attached EFI folder in the EFI partition, you should be able to boot from the hard drive.

You are a live saver! Preview works now and I can also boot from UFEI without the use of my flash drive! THANK YOU!

You are a live saver! Preview works now and I can also boot from UFEI without the use of my flash drive! THANK YOU!

This is just a starting point. You will have to customize the rest such as SSDTs, USB ports, CPU power management, etc. according to your motherboard specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back