Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have done research on this and not yet found a permanent solution. Every time I do security updates to Windows, it overwrites my overwriting of the Microsoft EFI bootload with Clover's, and puts Microsoft's back. Then I have to boot from my Clover USB, and overwrite the file with Clover again, a never-ending battle.

Surely there has got to be some way to protect the file from M$ assaults on it? Who's in charge of the computer? Us or them?

Thanks for any help, it's getting annoying.

I have done research on this and not yet found a permanent solution. Every time I do security updates to Windows, it overwrites my overwriting of the Microsoft EFI bootload with Clover's, and puts Microsoft's back. Then I have to boot from my Clover USB, and overwrite the file with Clover again, a never-ending battle.

Surely there has got to be some way to protect the file from M$ assaults on it? Who's in charge of the computer? Us or them?

Thanks for any help, it's getting annoying.

Windows is just updating what it knows is its bootloader components when it finds them needing updates. It is doing nothing wrong.

The problem is in your UEFI BIOS. It should be possible to set a boot entry directly to Clover, but the 4530s UEFI implementation is early, experimental, and incomplete.

Once you get Windows completely updated, it is not an issue. Make sure you follow the proper procedures for renaming after an update. It is covered in post #2 of my Clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back