Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so my problem here is I install the new drivers-http://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/FireStudio-Project for my PreSonus FireStudio Project and after installing and restarting I get a Kernel Panic, why? I have no clue. I have to boot into one of my other installs and then go into Extensions on that drive and delete the PaeFireStudio.kext and restart and it loads up fine. But what is making me scratch my head, is it worked before and now all of a sudden it doesn't? I really don't understand why it does this. I can not get onboard sound working for whatever reasons, and yes I've tried all of the Multibeast ALC888's and NONE of them work, even had Teleda stumped. So this FireStudio is my only option for working sound.

So, any suggestions?

Have you found any help for this? I even changed the mobo from P8H67-M Pro H67 to Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H but no help. Without the PaeFireStudio.kext Im able to run my RME400 without any problems. Now Im running 10.7.4. and I´ve had the same problem with 10.7.2. Maybe Im going to try SnowLeo and see how it works?

Edit:
Do you have Universal Control v1.6? Im going to try v1.5.3.1 now. Hope it helps...

Edit 2:
Did not. KP with 1.5.3.1 as well.

Edit 3:
Same problem wihtout the FW card, wich is with TI chip.

i've had this problem for over a year now with no solution..same interface

I have not found any help for this. I just did a fresh install of Mountain Lion now, so I'll see if the same issues arise.

the exact same thing is happening here. Did you find any solutions?

I did not find any help on this. Maybe I need a new Firewire Card? Or Maybe it works in 10.9 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back