Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking to purchase a new Fire-wire card for my build. I want something that'll also work with future builds. My issue is I use a PreSonus FireStudio, it's Firewire digital interface. Right now I am using an older Belkin Fire-wire card I took from my old G4 Power Mac. It's worked for the past few years perfectly fine with Guitar Rig, but as of lately it's starting to give me a weird distortion at random when I play my guitar, I thought maybe it might be the software, but it's never done this before, and it does it randomly with music playing through iTunes, this is all on Windows 10 by the way. I hardly use my OS X anymore. The reason why I haven't gone out and just bought any old Firewire card is I'd like to tinker with OSX and for future builds I'd like to have a card that works with both OSX and Windows10.

I had made a post about this earlier and was sent to a thread about cards, but nothing really about musicians and compatible cards with less latency when playing. I just basically want a good low latency card that'll work with both OS's.

The card Bald references above works out of the box no problems.. I have run multiple interfaces into it as well as external drives.. I used to run presonus stuff into the card as well..

By the card, you mean the first one when you click on his Link? The StarTech brand? I would assume that since that was posted they have some new cards out now?

I'll look into that brand if that's the one you speak of. As of now my older Belkin is still working, but I can notice little pops and when I use Guitar Rig after about a few mins of playing it gets this scrambled distorted sound until I restart Guitar Rig. Could be a software glitch or the card? I guess I'll find out when I get a new one.

Thanks.

By the card, you mean the first one when you click on his Link? The StarTech brand? I would assume that since that was posted they have some new cards out now?

I'll look into that brand if that's the one you speak of. As of now my older Belkin is still working, but I can notice little pops and when I use Guitar Rig after about a few mins of playing it gets this scrambled distorted sound until I restart Guitar Rig. Could be a software glitch or the card? I guess I'll find out when I get a new one.

Thanks.

Look at the cards posted in the last couple of pages of the post I linked for newer cards working OOB.
The one in post #163 is probably the one you want. I have read several good reviews about the Syba cards.

Thank you. I will check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back