Graphics
Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've already created this flash drive, but would like to use the flash drive also for storage.

My question therefore is, could I backup the contents of the existing unibeast flash drive to my computer hard drive, format the flash drive and use it as a normal flash drive? And of course transferring the backup back into my usb if I need to use it again for installation of Mountain Lion. Or will this not work and I must use unibeast to create it again once I format it.

In theory, backing up your Unibeast USB drive like that should work. However, it's pretty unnecessary; restoring your Unibeast backup onto your USB drive won't be any faster than just running Unibeast again. All Unibeast does is copy the OS X Mountain Lion installer app onto your USB drive and edit like 3 files (that's an oversimplification, but you get the idea).

I have purchased the ML OS on my friend's Mac and mine currently is not working with my network card, so I have no access to the mac store.
Also, do you know if I am allowed to access the mac store account used on my friend's computer on mine (if I get the network working)?

I have purchased the ML OS on my friend's Mac and mine currently is not working with my network card, so I have no access to the mac store.
Also, do you know if I am allowed to access the mac store account used on my friend's computer on mine (if I get the network working)?

Yes, you can use his account. Apple essentially distributes software via an honor system, so this sort of stuff is very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back