Contribute
Register

Preparing Asus G74Sx for OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last USB I created it with Unibeast with boot legacy, because UEFI is not compatible.

I have another USB that creates the installation with DiskMakker.

Thank you very much
just follow the guide i linked you above

just follow the guide i linked you above

the USB creation I already have, the only thing I think I need, is a complete EFI folder, with KEXT and a well configured config.plist, with all that, I think it can work, but I do not have SSDT or DSDT, I do not know how to do all that... :(

Can you help me create all that I need? The USB installer are created, you just have to put a correct configuration.

Thank you very much Feartech :)

the USB creation I already have, the only thing I think I need, is a complete EFI folder, with KEXT and a well configured config.plist, with all that, I think it can work, but I do not have SSDT or DSDT, I do not know how to do all that... :(

Can you help me create all that I need? The USB installer are created, you just have to put a correct configuration.

Thank you very much Feartech :)
the complete efi will be when you follow the guide as written

there is also images in the laptop guide as to what should be in drivers64UEFI folder

ans a list of files that should be in clover/kexts/other

and also what config,plist you should be using

the complete efi will be when you follow the guide as written

there is also images in the laptop guide as to what should be in drivers64UEFI folder

ans a list of files that should be in clover/kexts/other

and also what config,plist you should be using

kext and drivers I have prepared, now what I need is the file plist with the configuration of what I have to put and if I have to enter files in ACPI.

I know you can help me a lot, because you are very smart with hakintosh, please help me Feartech.

Mojave 10.14.1

If anyone needs to try a working EFI/CLover for the ASUS G74SX Sandy Bridge

Here is my EFI for an Asus G74sx (Legacy)

Everything is working, except the on-board wifi (use a TP-Link TL-WN822N MacOS drivers from site )
- Also No KB lights - never installed Ethernet , not using it.

- Is Working >> all USB 2.0 + 3.0 , and Camera

Attachments

• EFI_GooD_All_Work_ASUS_G74SX.zip
    44.1 MB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Hello Myysikk,

Thanks a lot for the zip.
I would like to try but first I would like to know what OS you installed with?
I would try Catalina, but I wonder if this OS is not too recent compared to the Asus G74Sx
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back