5. Plus
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
  8. Quadra
  9. SE
  10. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, after getting my desktop running well with OSX and Windows now I will try with an abandoned Asus G74Sx to do the same.
Currently it has an Intel 480Gb SSD 520 with a partition for each. Windows 7 pro is installed and running smoothly, the other partition is at the moment an empty exfat one. I have a Western Blue 1Tb for data to install later as the second disk.
I read the faqs from Yosemite to High Sierra as it seems I can run any of them, but Can someone suggest me the best one to try first? mainly I'm afraid on the video card part.
For what I understand this model uses only the NVIDIA card so I need a good config.plist for it.
I have the usb near done, used latest RehabMan Clover and kexts and stoped just on the video.
To continue I need to know what to do for the NVIDIA graphic, and the suggested best version of OSX.
Thanks for any advice .

Hello, after getting my desktop running well with OSX and Windows now I will try with an abandoned Asus G74Sx to do the same.
Currently it has an Intel 480Gb SSD 520 with a partition for each. Windows 7 pro is installed and running smoothly, the other partition is at the moment an empty exfat one. I have a Western Blue 1Tb for data to install later as the second disk.
I read the faqs from Yosemite to High Sierra as it seems I can run any of them, but Can someone suggest me the best one to try first? mainly I'm afraid on the video card part.
For what I understand this model uses only the NVIDIA card so I need a good config.plist for it.
I have the usb near done, used latest RehabMan Clover and kexts and stoped just on the video.
To continue I need to know what to do for the NVIDIA graphic, and the suggested best version of OSX.
Thanks for any advice .

You should try config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=true (to enable NVidia).
Might need to inject EDID as well.

Thanks for the quick answer.
I must do that on the "original" config.plist or I need one of your HDxxx ones as base?
Currently I have this, all from your repositories, last version.
As Sierra and High Sierra seems to need a fine tune I maybe not ready yet, El Capitan will be a good starting point?
Best wishes.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-04-22 a las 20.32.48.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-04-22 a las 20.32.48.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 309
Thanks for the quick answer.
I must do that on the "original" config.plist or I need one of your HDxxx ones as base?
Currently I have this, all from your repositories, last version.
As Sierra and High Sierra seems to need a fine tune I maybe not ready yet, El Capitan will be a good starting point?
Best wishes.

I would start with a base plist, then change/remove those settings related to Intel graphics.
I have no experience with your Nvidia hardware, so no idea which version might be easier/better supporting.

First step. Getting it start alone, done.
I just used the Unibeast and Multibeast for El Capitan, only checked the inject Nvidia option.
The laptop starts but only video works right now, I can use USB keyboard and mouse.
Next step is internal keyboard and trackpad. Then WIFI.
Unibeast start identifies it as a MacBook Pro 8.3. Booted from disk after Multibeast says its a Mac Pro 3.1 :) (will select the model manually when doing the keyboard - trackpad)

Attachments

• IMG_20180425_194908577.jpg
    IMG_20180425_194908577.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 395
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 20.51.16.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 20.51.16.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 383
I just used the Unibeast and Multibeast for El Capitan, only checked the inject Nvidia option.
The laptop starts but only video works right now, I can use USB keyboard and mouse.
Unibeast start identifies it as a MacBook Pro 8.3. Booted from disk after Multibeast says its a Mac Pro 3.1 :) (will select the model manually when doing the keyboard - trackpad)

See FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello partner, I have the same laptop that you and I do not get the high Sierra, please can you help me? I'm desperate and not to do... :(

Can you send me your plist file and your EFI folder? Thank you very much heartily

Hello Genimac, I have the same laptop that you, please I ask, I have 2 months trying all kinds of configurations and I am not able to leave the High-Sierra system running with Nvidia drivers, please help me, I thank you very much

Hello Genimac, I have the same laptop that you, please I ask, I have 2 months trying all kinds of configurations and I am not able to leave the High-Sierra system running with Nvidia drivers, please help me, I thank you very much
possible only your intel graphics will work

Read up on the FAQ first:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back