Aorus Radeon RX 580 8Gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
I would love to have some help in using my set up with Adobe CC 2018 !
I noticed that I can export a movie I edited via Premiere Pro from itself with no issue (using File > Export > Media) but I can't do so with Adobe Media Encoder (a batch coder like Compressor for Final Cut for those who don't know AME). Everytime I try to export a movie from Media Encoder, my computer stops working and hard reboot. I guess it is related to CPU as in Premiere Pro, my CPU frequency stays at 4,30Ghz top, in Media Encoder, it goes to 4,70Ghz and crashes... I'm using Intel Kaby Lake i7 8700k (3,7Ghz, 4,7Ghz turbo).
If anyone as a tip on how to make Media Encoder work as Premiere Pro does... even if it means tweaking my UEFI to overclock the CPU, I would be happy to try !

Best regards to all

I had these issues too on my 3770k system with GTX1050TI, I think it was headless Intel Quick Sync related when using a dGPU (monitors on my dGPU - GTX 1050TI). If you try in AME using "SW Only" does the problem go away?

You could read the new guide on LILU and it use the WhateverGreen plugin. I did that a few weeks ago and all my AME problems have gone away.

Also DL the Intel Power Gadget from Intel's site to view when the iGPU is being used. This may help you find the problem if it's iGPU related.

Your sys definition and Graphics ID are also very important, use the new "Hackentool, to view what information your machine has currently, then compare that to what it should be for your config, then enter that into clover oe WEG (I forget which), reboot and use Hackentool again to view that the changes were loaded.

-All my notes from re-working this are at another location.

Thanks for your reply. In the meantime, I OC a bit my CPU to 4.9Ghz and I’m not having any trouble anymore... but I’ll check Headless Intel Quick Sync to see what’s checked or what’s not... all the best to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back