Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97
CPU
4,5GHz Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
I have this problem with Adobe Premiere CC. OpenCL, CUDA or Mercury Software acceleration, none of them work. When previewing footage in Premiere, the timeline freezes and doesn't play. Only solution is to quit Premiere and open it again. The freezing seems to occur whenever I'm doing something else (using Chrome, Finder etc) and going back to Premiere to preview footage. Then it won't play at all.

Problem happens on 10.11.4 and 10.11.5. Using the latest Nvidia & CUDA drivers for my GTX 970. After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and other Adobe programs run just fine. No problems.

Anyone else having similar problems? Have you found a solution to this?

I have this problem with Adobe Premiere CC. OpenCL, CUDA or Mercury Software acceleration, none of them work. When previewing footage in Premiere, the timeline freezes and doesn't play. Only solution is to quit Premiere and open it again. The freezing seems to occur whenever I'm doing something else (using Chrome, Finder etc) and going back to Premiere to preview footage. Then it won't play at all.

Problem happens on 10.11.4 and 10.11.5. Using the latest Nvidia & CUDA drivers for my GTX 970. After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and other Adobe programs run just fine. No problems.

Anyone else having similar problems? Have you found a solution to this?

If you scrub thru the timeline the preview or program monitors are ok? If the only problem is when you hit PLAY, the problem I think is the audio. Check audio preferences.

Thanks. Yeah everything works fine when I scrub through the timeline. The preview video play according to the scrubbing. Only problem is when I hit space (video preview doesn't play).

I have to check my audio preferences. I'm running a USB audio interface (M-Audio Fasttrack Pro).

Try with the onboard audio.

How did you get to install the m-audio on El Capitan? I have the fast track ultra but I cant install it.

It works like a charm without any drivers (the ones you get from M-Audio's website). I just plug it in and it works. Only problem is the Premiere incompatibility.

If I try to install the M-Audio drivers from their website, everything breaks.

Turned out that my old M-Audio Fasttrack Pro USB audio interface was the problem. When I unplugged it and used onboard audio, Premiere doesn't freeze anymore.

Since I need an USB audio interface, I will probably buy a Focusrite Scarlett. It has El Capitan support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back