nVidia Geforce 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,
I have been enjoying my Lion Hackintosh for almost a year now with almost no issues. Recently I upgraded my Bios and I used MultiBeast to re-install the DSDT appropriate for the new Bios version. I re-install the network/sound/usb/etc. drivers (pretty much the same as what one would do after a fresh install).

Now the newly "refreshed" system runs fine (sound, network, video, etc. works), except for one thing - every time I restart the system, somehow all the preferences I set are lost and I have to do it all over again. For example, I flip the scroll wheel direction in the Mouse preference but when I reboot the setting is reset. Also, Firefox will ask if I want to use it as the default browser after every reboot (even though I have already say yes before).

So, is there some step(s) that I missed to make Lion "remembers" my settings? Where/how does the OS keep these preferences?

Thanks in advance!

Hi ER800,
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I even delete the .lockfile that is associated with the plist file and it still wouldn't save my preferences.

I have done some other suggestions from goggle searches that includes clearing ACLs on the Preferences directory or chmod on all files under it, but none of the solutions seems to work for me.

Hopefully someone else have further suggestions; otherwise, I will probably going to have to re-install lion. :(

Bump. Xmulder, did you ever figure it out? Or did you just reinstall? I am having the same exact issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back