Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Hello

first: i am a total newbie in the Hackintosh world, but use Mac since OS 8

I`m in the planning for my first build this summer 2018.
Since i read updating OSX on a Hackintosh is not an easy task, i think about to wait for the next OSX in fall but build the machine already for the Win Boot and maybe also Linux.

Can i add OSX later, or should i build it with all OS`s straight together?

FYI: I will add every OS on a separate Disk!

thanks for any advise

Hello

first: i am a total newbie in the Hackintosh world, but use Mac since OS 8

I`m in the planning for my first build this summer 2018.
Since i read updating OSX on a Hackintosh is not an easy task, i think about to wait for the next OSX in fall but build the machine already for the Win Boot and maybe also Linux.

Can i add OSX later, or should i build it with all OS`s straight together?

FYI: I will add every OS on a separate Disk!

thanks for any advise

Yes, you can install macOS at a later date.

Updating macOS on a hackintosh is usually not too difficult. Just check the OS X Updates sub-forum when there are updates.

thanks for your infos!
other question: to share files between the osx, win and linux i think about to add an extra HD.
which disk format is the recommended to share files flawless?

ps: i have almost the same motherboard Asus Rog Strix-F Gaming. maybe i have questions later during the build and i will come back to you again ;)

thanks for your infos!
other question: to share files between the osx, win and linux i think about to add an extra HD.
which disk format is the recommended to share files flawless?

ps: i have almost the same motherboard Asus Rog Strix-F Gaming. maybe i have questions later during the build and i will come back to you again ;)

ExFAT is probably the most compatible file system. I don't know if it's "flawless", but all three operating systems should be able to read and write to it.

You can check my Z370-G build thread for lots of information that should be relevant for your motherboard.

pastrychef, post: 1743185, member: 816738"]Yes, you can install macOS at a later date.

Updating macOS on a hackintosh is usually not too difficult. Just check the OS X Updates sub-forum when there are updates.

i definitely wait now to install osx, its just a couple months now until mojave will released!

other question: i have now win10 running and would like already to add Linux on a separate HD.
how do i install clover just for win & linux now, and with the option to add osx later?

thanks for any info

how do i install clover just for win & linux now, and with the option to add osx later?
It may be best to wait and use the Clover Bootloader after you've got macOS installed. See the multi-booting forum for more info. https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

To dual boot Windows and Linux on separate drives, use Google to search for a guide on that.

Here's one example of how you'd dual boot with Ubuntu on a separate drive.
http://linuxbsdos.com/2015/10/31/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-and-ubuntu-15-10-on-two-hard-drives/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back