GT 240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys.

I've searched the forum posts for this answer but whatever I found didn't work.

I've modded this case a while back and it was working perfectly with my old mobo. I've got a new Gigabyte H97M-D3H to replace the old one. This mobo doesn't come with firewire connector, and I don't care because I don't use it, so I just connected the USB, power button and LED. For LED and PWR button ground I used the Firewire(Pin2) ground from the front panel. Everything works, except that the LED stays on all the time, even if I remove the power cable from the power supply. I guess it may be drawing power from the internal clock battery.

Have anyone had this issue or can shed some light. I would like to have the LED on only when the computer is on, not all the time.

thanks for your help.

I have the same exact problem! I am using the BlackCH Mod cable, and I have never found a fix - for me the only way to turn off the LED is to pull the power cord, but otherwise it's on 24/7 regardless of machine status. It's kind of annoying, I'm almost ready to just unplug it altogether! Hope we find an answer ~

I have the same problem, I unplugged the LED lead and haven't even thought about it until now.

I had the exact same problem yesterday - and fixed it :)

Pins on the G5 front panel to connect are:

2 - FW ground
13 - Power button +
14 - Power LED +

The problem I had resulting the always lit LED was that the + and ground of the power switch was labeled wrong (PWRBT+ was PWRBT- and PWRBT- = PWRBT+)

So the solution might be switching your power button connection

Connect:
LED+ to pin 14
LED- to pin 2
(The real) PWRBT+ to pin 13
(The real) PWRBT- to pin 2

Worked for me...

I found a semi fix for my issue - I enabled ErP in my BIOS (Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5.) It seems when ErP is disabled, there is still power to the USB ports, as well as the front panel light. Sadly turning on ErP as disabled Wake On LAN, but that wasn't working for me anyway - so now with ErP enabled, my power light turns off properly with the rest of the motherboard!

I found a semi fix for my issue - I enabled ErP in my BIOS (Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5.) It seems when ErP is disabled, there is still power to the USB ports, as well as the front panel light. Sadly turning on ErP as disabled Wake On LAN, but that wasn't working for me anyway - so now with ErP enabled, my power light turns off properly with the rest of the motherboard!

That worked for me as well I have switched from a Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H to to Z370-HD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back