Contribute
Register

PowerMac G5 Case Modding Project - mATX & ATX Conversion - Barebones - Mac Pro Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equipment:

jA43Ed9.jpg

Every fully modded Barebone has its own new power-cable (half of them white apple cables, half of them black OEM server cables)

All fully modded Barebones have the acrylic cover

I kept HDD rubber-head screws, DVD-drive standoffs, Pump Mounting Kits in a little bag.

Finished mATX Barebones with watercooling:

Here are some pictures of the Inside. The Outside can be seen on the previous pictures.

5Aio5ut.jpg

Finished mATX Barebone

NFJuOYj.jpg

Finished mATX Barebone with all equipment

995xRd6.jpg

Finished mATX Barebone with all equipment

The End:

Thats it for now…
What do you think?
Was it worth it?
What hardware would you put in?
Please let me know…
:thumbup:

Yours sincerely,
wise_rice

Why didn't Apple hire you to advise them on the design of the 2013 Mac Pro ? They could have easily kept the same classic AL case and made improvements the way you have in restoring these G5 cases. Seems they always need to make Macs smaller and thinner for whatever reason. More functional and upgradable is what most Mac users want.

Great photos and ideas for all G5 modders to learn from. Nice work.

Thanks for sharing this :thumbup:

Last edited:
Why didn't Apple hire you to advise them on the design of the 2013 Mac Pro ?
:lol: I would be up for that

They could have easily kept the same classic AL case and made improvements the way you have in restoring these G5 cases.
The AL Cases are just beautiful and sturdy. Prefer them over a trash-can, any day.

Seems they always need to make Macs smaller and thinner for whatever reason. More functional and upgradable is what most Mac users want.
Exactly!
You can update components easily.
And you can fit the biggest tower cooler heat sinks in these G5s. No problem. Like a Dark Rock Pro.
That gives you a really quiet and powerful machine.

Great photos and ideas for all G5 modders to learn from. Nice work.

Thanks for sharing this :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback, mate :thumbup:
I really appreciate it!

wow, even just one of those would be a most impressive build, but to do it 12 times is off the charts! These all look incredible, and the huge number of high-quality photos is a bonus too.

wow, even just one of those would be a most impressive build, but to do it 12 times is off the charts! These all look incredible, and the huge number of high-quality photos is a bonus too.

Thanks!
I regret doing so many.
It took too much time and money...
Glad it's done!

:clap::clap::clap:

Well done, indeed!
Looks like you have just enough PC cases for the rest of your life :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back