Contribute
Register

Powermac g4 - the italian job

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean with " I have to use the original cooler" ? i suppose you mean the one that came with the intel processor. right ?

I use that one that fits exactly between the mother board and the psu shelf.

It depend a lot from how you manage the fan speed, i start running at lower speed 1000 rpm, then i increase the speed to 1300 when i reach 50 °c and send it to the maximum speed, approximately 2500 rpm, when i reach 70 °c.

I'm testing the system with the game batman lego ,( as you see I have no graphic card installed) and i play between 50 and 60. During video converting task with maximum speed i manage to keep the temperature right below 70°c.

for my understanding, at least in winter condition, the intake fan doesn't make a big difference. Mine is spinning at 1000 rpm and just bring in a small breeze. I'm still considering if it worths.

yes i mean the intel cooler. i have an i5 4690 (no K) and i'm considering to buy an slim aftermarket cooler like noctua or cooler master.. right now my pc, running on a standard ATX case running at 30° in idle with 1000 rpm and 55-60 in full load but the problem is that the G4 case is smaller than my mid tower..

thank you for the information

btw i'm italian too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back