Contribute
Register

Powermac G4 MDD Mod #HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
4460(i5)
Graphics
GTX750
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,
I am going to receive a used Powermac G4 MDD today, and I've been thinking
about modding it - I have a pretty old mATX board around, 2 Gig's of RAM and 500GB 7200rpm hard drive
anyways, I have heard that there's a problem with placing PCI-e cards in the MDD model and I'm not going to place on it so :headbang:
Anyways - Is there a way to make a G4 MDD stormtrooper paint job? have you ever seen one? All of the pictures I have seen of storm trooper g4 are G4 Quicksilver and not MDD :banghead:

Thank you very much, Have a good day :beachball:

Hi there:p
The biggest problem I had when I was doing my G4 sawtooth was making everything fit, especially the power supply and cpu cooler!
I'm sorry I don't know anything on the paint job, I kept mine stock paint but have a look at some of the G4 modding threads on here and you will see some very cool paint jobs, so I'm sure someone can help you there:lol:
Here is my thread on the sawtooth if you want to see how I made it all fit, I think Mdd's are about the same size though!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g4/134267-power-mac-g4.html
Good luck, and if you need any advice on how to make stuff fit or wire something I might be able to help!:lol:

Hi there:p
The biggest problem I had when I was doing my G4 sawtooth was making everything fit, especially the power supply and cpu cooler!
I'm sorry I don't know anything on the paint job, I kept mine stock paint but have a look at some of the G4 modding threads on here and you will see some very cool paint jobs, so I'm sure someone can help you there:lol:
Here is my thread on the sawtooth if you want to see how I made it all fit, I think Mdd's are about the same size though!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g4/134267-power-mac-g4.html
Good luck, and if you need any advice on how to make stuff fit or wire something I might be able to help!:lol:
Thank you very much, I would be very happy to add you to my Skype friends list and talk with you while I'm working on the hard parts :) Send me your Skype acc name :arrow::beachball:

I have took all of the parts out, Did someone created a guide about how to insert the mATX boards into it & where / where am I supposed to cut holes for the motherboard (if there is no other option - Without cutting)

Anyways, Thanks & have a good day! :thumbup:

I have took all of the parts out, Did someone created a guide about how to insert the mATX boards into it & where / where am I supposed to cut holes for the motherboard (if there is no other option - Without cutting)

Anyways, Thanks & have a good day! :thumbup:

I would suggest you look at thelaserhive.com's conversion kits. My Graphite G4 looks awesome thanks to their kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back