1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,
i'm about to build a kick-ass machine which will be mostly used for After Effects. Here is my initial list of components:
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K
RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE CL10 (4x8GB)
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W
SSD: 240GB Intel 520 Sata3
HDD: 1TB Hitachi SATA3 7200rpm

Now my question is, will these components be supported to build a hackintosh and the biggest problem is: what GPU should i buy? o_O

Thanks,
Cyber

Just a thought:

Depending on how heavy your AE use is going to be-- and if this is your major source of income (IE not a hobby)-- you might consider i) getting a Mac Pro with a sh$t ton of cores, ii) going either i7-970 or dual Xeon 1366 (SR-2 mobo), or iii) wait for 3930K/dual Xeon 8-cores for SB or IB with OS X support.

Alright, cool, thanks for the info. Any suggestions on XEON setup? What type of XEON and MoBo is reliable to work with hackintosh..? :)

P.S: If you have a setup in your mind that i might like, then please, post it here, because i need to start building ASAP and i´m not sure if i want to risk with components that MIGHT work. Budget is about 2500€, so i´m able to buy pretty good parts i think. My only worry is stability and performance :twisted:

Updated parts list:
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5
CPU: Intel Core i7-2700k
RAM: Corsair 4x8GB Vengeance (Dual-Channel)
SSD: Corsair Force 3 240GB (Lion + Apps)
HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate SATA3 7200rpm 32MB (Data, RAID1)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1536MB

How you like that? Will i be pleased with the performance in After Effects? :)

Honestly, if it comes down to it, buy a 2600k. 100mhz wont make a difference and you can save some money for another part, like a 680 or another ssd.

Sasquatch00 said:
Honestly, if it comes down to it, buy a 2600k. 100mhz wont make a difference and you can save some money for another part, like a 680 or another ssd.

What kind of 680 is supported? I mean, what manufacturer?

Cyber66 said:
Sasquatch00 said:

What kind of 680 is supported? I mean, what manufacturer?

None yet. The 580 is the most powerful card that will work in OSX.

The above build looks good, I wouldn't go any higher than the UD3H though for the motherboard because the USB3 uses hubs that are incompatible with OSX in the higher end boards, leaving you with USB3 ports that don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back