Contribute
Register

Power Supply Cover Restoration Questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
2x GEFORCE GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im looking for advice on how to clean this up the best. Its not in horrible shape, but I would like it to look better if I could get there. Rag and scrubbing got it to the point you see here. Was thinking "Goo Gone" for the sticky residue. No clue for the staining/dirty.. How close would an aluminum paint 'match' to the rest of the interior?

In the second pic, I have 2 of these 'nubs' that the cooler cover slid onto, which I want to remove. I was thinking dremel them off as close to flush as possible and then grind/polish smooth, but that is definitely going to require painting (I would think). Im open to suggestion...

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

Im looking for advice on how to clean this up the best. Its not in horrible shape, but I would like it to look better if I could get there. Rag and scrubbing got it to the point you see here. Was thinking "Goo Gone" for the sticky residue. No clue for the staining/dirty.. How close would an aluminum paint 'match' to the rest of the interior?

In the second pic, I have 2 of these 'nubs' that the cooler cover slid onto, which I want to remove. I was thinking dremel them off as close to flush as possible and then grind/polish smooth, but that is definitely going to require painting (I would think). Im open to suggestion...

Most of us modders are in some way keen to beautify the the inside of their new project, I'm very keen on cable management and other ways to make the rest of the inside of the case as nice looking as possible. In my first G5 mod I used steel wool to clean up the tarnished steel inside the case but at the end of the day after the side panel is put back the inside of the case is never seen unless you are intending to install a window.

I can't remember how the little button is fixed but if it is like the back panel stand-offs they just snap off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back