Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there. This is my first Mojave desktop build. I have been in the laptops community for a while though :)

The system seems pretty stable, however I am getting an annoying GPU-related issue that is also causing my mouse to lag/teleport at regular intervals.

The issue occurs when my second display (a SHARP TV) is connected via HDMI to the Vega GPU, and it is OFF. The system still thinks that there is a display connected (i.e., it shows up in About This Mac and in the Display Preferences), and the mouse starts lagging for ~1/3 seconds every 5-10 seconds or so. I have identified the following log message with every mouse lag event:

Code:
default    08:09:36.255257 +0200    kernel    [3:0:0] AMD Error:
default    08:09:36.255263 +0200    kernel    Failed HDCP: status 4

I have tried with another second display via HDMI (an EIZO monitor), to find the same issue of the system not recognizing the monitor's power state. However, for the EIZO monitor on the same cable, no mouse lags or AMD error messages.

Anyone has any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi, I have a similar problem, that persists on Mojave and Catalina. There are times when the mouse works smoothly, but most of the time it is jerky/laggy. I have the exact same error message but every 1-2 seconds or so. Have you solved your problem?

Yes, when the secondary is turned OFF, I have the same error coming back to the console log and mouse becomes to lag. When I turn t back on, it works well. In my case, the monitors are mirrored. If I don't mirror them and turn off any of them it's fine. But if they are mirrored and one is off then it starts acting up. My Monitors are Benq GW2760S and Benq GL2760H. They are both connected with a HDMI to DVI cable. They have a setting in their System menu called "HDMI Auto Switch". I turned it ON on both monitors, and so far I haven't seen that error or any other issues. I'll report back in a few days or so. Check if you monitors have a similar setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back