Graphics
2xPowercolor HD4850 1GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I've been experiencing a bad power on after a shutdown or a cold boot. What happens is that, after shutting down my PC from the OSX, I'll first get stuck on the grey screen (after the Apple logo), when I hard restart, the PC would then turn off and on and off and on until I either power off from the PSU or pull the plug.

I've checked my BIOS and saw that sleepstate is in S3, CPU C states are Enabled, HPET is at 64bit. I'm looking at the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, not sure if I was able to install it, but what do I know - I'm a n00b. I'm trying to learn as I go along. I'm not even sure if those I checked in the BIOS will have an effect on the problem I am currently experiencing.

It's an otherwise perfect 10.7.3 install, until the problem I outlined above. Any help will be appreciated.

Got everything seated properly. Was using the same rig (running Win7 on a separate drive though) 2-3 weeks prior to having an OSx86 installed. I was just reading about DSDT, do I need to have that for my board, I don't think I have that anywhere (unless it's hidden). I used a different install method from the one here in Tonymac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back