1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[SOLVED] Power Management on a Dell Precision M6600

Hello Laptop Forum -

After a snow day lurking and working, it's finally come time to ask for some assistance. I have successfully installed OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 on my Dell Precision M6600 using Legacy Clover, and I have just about everything working the way I would like it to, other than CPU power management. For the sake of the installation and post-installation, I resorted to using "NullCPUPowerManagement" and I have found myself unable to boot without it. Despite reading guides and having worked on many other hacks, I figured it was time to stop faffing about and just ask for some assistance.

I've extracted and patched my own DSDT and even generated an SSDT using the proper script, but I simply get a boot hang without NCPUPM being injected by Clover at boot (I prefer not to hard install kexts into /S/L/E unless I have to.) I've tried dropping OEM SSDTs and selectively dropping just the CPU SSDTs, but no luck.

Attached is a copy of my IOReg, the DSDT I patched, and my config.plist.
Pertinent specs of the machine are:
i7-2720QM
Discrete and Dedicated Radeon 6970M 2GB (Not using HD3000, or is it a "dual GPU" system)
OS X Legacy Booting via Clover r3333 on a 240GB SSD

Thanks in advance, looking to finalize a few weeks of hard work.

-IC

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 203
  • Precision M6600.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 137
  • DSDT.aml
    32.7 KB · Views: 173
Hello Laptop Forum -

After a snow day lurking and working, it's finally come time to ask for some assistance. I have successfully installed OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 on my Dell Precision M6600 using Legacy Clover, and I have just about everything working the way I would like it to, other than CPU power management. For the sake of the installation and post-installation, I resorted to using "NullCPUPowerManagement" and I have found myself unable to boot without it. Despite reading guides and having worked on many other hacks, I figured it was time to stop faffing about and just ask for some assistance.

I've extracted and patched my own DSDT and even generated an SSDT using the proper script, but I simply get a boot hang without NCPUPM being injected by Clover at boot (I prefer not to hard install kexts into /S/L/E unless I have to.) I've tried dropping OEM SSDTs and selectively dropping just the CPU SSDTs, but no luck.

Attached is a copy of my IOReg, the DSDT I patched, and my config.plist.
Pertinent specs of the machine are:
i7-2720QM
Discrete and Dedicated Radeon 6970M 2GB (Not using HD3000, or is it a "dual GPU" system)
OS X Legacy Booting via Clover r3333 on a 240GB SSD

Thanks in advance, looking to finalize a few weeks of hard work.

-IC

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Thanks, I've updated my profile. Still no luck with power management - since I am on Yosemite, would it be wiser to simply install the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext directly from Multibeast rather than patching it on the fly with Clover? That's the one thing I haven't tried quite yet.

-IC

Thanks, I've updated my profile. Still no luck with power management - since I am on Yosemite, would it be wiser to simply install the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext directly from Multibeast rather than patching it on the fly with Clover? That's the one thing I haven't tried quite yet.

-IC

Did you drop the MCFG table?

Did you drop the MCFG table?

AH! That was it. Now I'm booted without NCPUPM. Just to confirm, I would want to drop all the SSDTs related to CPU PowerManagement for optimal performance with the generated SSDT, correct?

Thanks so much!

Just to confirm, I would want to drop all the SSDTs related to CPU PowerManagement for optimal performance with the generated SSDT, correct?

No. CPU SSDTs should not be dropped unless they cause a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back