Contribute
Register

Power Management Not working HP Pavilion Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
181B
CPU
i5-2450M
Graphics
Nvidia 630M 2Gig
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
  2. Other
Hi, I just followed the tutorial here about power management.
I installed the latest ProBook Installer 6.1.7 then select only the SSDT. After that I Uncheck the GenerateCStates and the GeneratePStates then check the DropSSDT.

screenshot_01.jpg

After that I restart but im not sure If i got it right. because it says 0%
screenshot_03.jpg

My specs:
4g ram type DDR3
500-HDD SATA-AHCI
Chipset: Sandy bridge
Bios Brand: Insyde - HP
Mother board model: 181B
GPU: Intel HD 3000
Chipset: HM77
CPU: i5-2450M

Ive also attached my IOreg

Attachments

• Ioreg_power.ioreg.zip
    368.2 KB · Views: 106
Hi, I just followed the tutorial here about power management.
I installed the latest ProBook Installer 6.1.7 then select only the SSDT. After that I Uncheck the GenerateCStates and the GeneratePStates then check the DropSSDT.

View attachment 70286

After that I restart but im not sure If i got it right. because it says 0%
View attachment 70288

My specs:
4g ram type DDR3
500-HDD SATA-AHCI
Chipset: Sandy bridge
Bios Brand: Insyde - HP
Mother board model: 181B
GPU: Intel HD 3000
Chipset: HM77
CPU: i5-2450M

Ive also attached my IOreg

Power management has nothing to do with battery status. See the sticky post on power management for details on how to test that power management is working (use DPCIManager to analyse pstates reached).

Laptop DSDT patches: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

For battery status:
- install ACPIBatteryManager.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
- patch your DSDT with "HP dv7-7xxx" patch using MaciASL

In addition, to get graphics working, you will need a few more DSDT patches:
- "HD3000 Low Resolution" or "HD3000 High Resolution" depending on your screen resolution
- "Brightness Fix"
- "HD3000 on 7-series"
- "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

Save your resulting patched DSDT as /Extra/dsdt.aml, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary

Boot using DSDT=Null if there is a problem with the DSDT.

With the patches above use GraphicsEnabler=No, and DO NOT install the "Intel Graphics patch for mixed mode systems"

Hi, I followed the instructions exactly. I already patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement using multibeast so im not gonna do that again. I downloaded the Probook 6.1.7 beta(i think thats the latest). Then check only the SSDT. Go to my chameleon and uncheck GenerateCStates and the GeneratePStates and check the DROP SSDT.

Downloaded the DPCI 1.5 click on the PStates but im not sure what am i observing and i dont understand what it shows.(image below)
screenshot_04.jpg
Does that mean that i have a working power management with turbo boost?

And when u say
Code:
- no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Does that mean delete that kext?

I also dont understand this part
Code:
- Processor objects declared in Scope (_SB) in DSDT (pretty rare not to have them in OEM DSDT)
what exactly should i do about it?

About the Graphics:
In my thread about Cant adjust graphics birghtness you didnt mention the
Code:
- "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
But i got my graphics working. Should i still do that? or leave it as it is? But If I have to Im not sure where is the GFX0 thing. Sorry.

Hi, I followed the instructions exactly. I already patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement using multibeast so im not gonna do that again. I downloaded the Probook 6.1.7 beta(i think thats the latest). Then check only the SSDT. Go to my chameleon and uncheck GenerateCStates and the GeneratePStates and check the DROP SSDT.

Downloaded the DPCI 1.5 click on the PStates but im not sure what am i observing and i dont understand what it shows.(image below)
View attachment 70354
Does that mean that i have a working power management with turbo boost?

And when u say
Code:
- no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Does that mean delete that kext?

I can see you have NullCPUPowerManagement loaded in your ioreg. NullCPUPowerManagement disables CPU power management.

I also dont understand this part
Code:
- Processor objects declared in Scope (_SB) in DSDT (pretty rare not to have them in OEM DSDT)
what exactly should i do about it?

All you do to verify is search your DSDT for Processor. If you find the Processor declarations (usually 8 of them) inside Scope (_PR) you're good. I extracted your DSDT from your ioreg, and yes they are there as expected.

About the Graphics:
In my thread about Cant adjust graphics birghtness you didnt mention the
Code:
- "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
But i got my graphics working. Should i still do that? or leave it as it is? But If I have to Im not sure where is the GFX0 thing. Sorry.

Renaming GFX0 to IGPU in the DSDT enables GPU power management. Graphics will work either way, but doing the rename will probably result in better battery life.

Hi,

I deleted the nullpower now and here is the result
screenshot_06.jpg
Ive also attached my Ioreg

About the graphics:
Sorry again im not sure which part of dsdt.
Is it all the variable you are talking about that i should replace? like this(image below)
screenshot_07.jpg

or only this one when clicking the GFX0 in the left side of maciasl?
screenshot_09.jpg

Attachments

• Ioreg_2.ioreg.zip
    383.2 KB · Views: 102
Hi,

I deleted the nullpower now and here is the result
View attachment 70369
Ive also attached my Ioreg

About the graphics:
Sorry again im not sure which part of dsdt.
Is it all the variable you are talking about that i should replace? like this(image below)
View attachment 70371

That is much better.

or only this one when clicking the GFX0 in the left side of maciasl?
View attachment 70372

You can just use the patch "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" from my repo. I've already verified it works with your DSDT.

Hi,

Thank you soo much for helping :D

I've patch my DSDT again to "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" and im not sure if i got it working so i attached my IOreg.

When you say "that is much better" should i take it as "Yes! you got your turbo boost working and didnt need the NullPowermanagement"?

Issues:
Sometimes when I reboot my mouse stops working but my trackpad does, then when reboot again my mouse will work again. Is that normal? or Im still missing something?

Attachments

• Ioreg_finale.ioreg.zip
    356.8 KB · Views: 108
Hi,

Thank you soo much for helping :D

I've patch my DSDT again to "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" and im not sure if i got it working so i attached my IOreg.

Looks good.

You could also do the "AC Adapter Fix". It might detect your AC adapter being plugged in and remove quicker.

And there are probably a handful of additional patches you might use in the patch repo...

What is the status of laptop sleep/wake?

When you say "that is much better" should i take it as "Yes! you got your turbo boost working and didnt need the NullPowermanagement"?

I mean it looks like you have power management working (x29 is not bad for a top state -- you might occasionally see higher as your CPU can go to x31 if only one thread is active).

Issues:
Sometimes when I reboot my mouse stops working but my trackpad does, then when reboot again my mouse will work again. Is that normal? or Im still missing something?

Sounds like a USB issue. Capture ioreg when it happens. If you unplug your mouse then plug it back in does it work? Even my ProBook does this sometimes, although it is fairly rare.

Hi, Is all the patch on your repo compatible to mine? If so then i might just use all of them. If not can you give the patch the is compatible to mine? Please ;)

About the sleep/wake:
It has some issues. When I put it to sleep. Without touching anything it just wakes up again. What should i do about it?

About PowerManagement:
Since i got the power management working can you tell me how to have turboBoost?
Ahm and you said that my power managment is not bad. You mean there's also a way to make it better?

Issue:
I just had this a while ago. I was surfing the net when everything freezes? My mouse doesnt move and even my trackpad is not responding. Do you have some issues like this? sometimes.

Hi, Is all the patch on your repo compatible to mine? If so then i might just use all of them. If not can you give the patch the is compatible to mine? Please ;)

About the sleep/wake:
It has some issues. When I put it to sleep. Without touching anything it just wakes up again. What should i do about it?

First check your BIOS if you have a "Wake on USB" or "Wake on LAN", disable them.

Try using the "6-series USB" or "7-series USB". Try the "USB3 Multiplex" patch if it works.
I don't recommend using "all DSDT patches" -- only the ones you need.

About PowerManagement:
Since i got the power management working can you tell me how to have turboBoost?
Ahm and you said that my power managment is not bad. You mean there's also a way to make it better?

You have TurboBoost as evidenced by the x29 pstate.

Issue:
I just had this a while ago. I was surfing the net when everything freezes? My mouse doesnt move and even my trackpad is not responding. Do you have some issues like this? sometimes.

How are you connected to the internet? Ethernet or WiFi? What Ethernet drivers are you using? What WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back