Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey. I followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/pastrychefs-build-asus-maximus-viii-gene-i7-6700k-gtx-980.198470/ this guide and even Stork's though they both being very similar for initialization. As an OS everything seems to work fine even my Speedstep works with ssdtPRgen script. But I noticed that my cpu (or maybe GPU ) is not efficient at tasks. Specially in web browsing, like a youtube video, my IA Frequency in Intel power gadget makes my chip turbo and stay like that until the video is done loading. I think the browser, be it safari or chrome (chrome i avoid in MAC OS as the videos are a bit washed out) is using the CPU for decoding stuff and not utilizing HW acceleration, but just software rendering. I can't tell if my GPU is being utilize as HWSensors GPUsensors for Pascal don't work for me and so have to remove them. And sites being heavy these days with lots of graphics my cpu being at turbo does not help much, increasing my power draw and temps. Same doesn't happen in Windows at least. I wanted to know if this is normal in hackintosh for browser to turbo on videos so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back