CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there a simple guide for achieving power management for Ivy Bridge (i7 3770) processors in Yosemite? All of the guides I see are for ML or Mavericks, and also seem a bit complex.

Also, is HWMonitor is giving incorrect readings in Yosemite? I've been trying various sysdefs/SSDTs and can't seem to get my boost clock up where it should be.

If at all possible I'd like to use a non-Thunderbolt sysdef (but I don't think that's a reliable choice given my hardware).

Z77-DS3H
i7 3770
GTX 780

Is there a simple guide for achieving power management for Ivy Bridge (i7 3770) processors in Yosemite? All of the guides I see are for ML or Mavericks, and also seem a bit complex.

Also, is HWMonitor is giving incorrect readings in Yosemite? I've been trying various sysdefs/SSDTs and can't seem to get my boost clock up where it should be.

If at all possible I'd like to use a non-Thunderbolt sysdef (but I don't think that's a reliable choice given my hardware).

Z77-DS3H
i7 3770
GTX 780

i have the same board I don't think it will give you the listed turbo speed of the chip with all cores active
my i5 should go to 3.8 but won't go past 3.6 with 4 cores active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back