Contribute
Register

Power Mac G5 Intel Reloaded Edition (New Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've the same mobo
HDMI used to work fine on Lion 'til I upgraded to ML and UEFI BIOS.
I'm trying toleda new guide for ML ( ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha) but it's not working :(
How did you achieve it? i saw your dsdt it's quite the same as mine, so the problem must be the kexts..
any help is appreciate ;)
thanks
MAx

Try the attached AppleHDA.kext in combination with my DSDT in this thread. Delete all other HDA related kexts in S/L/E. Don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild cache!

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
thank you, i've sort it out with the help of Toleda, cause your dsdt was not good for me, i don't know why but it was giving me KP at boot,
, maybe different devices..
thanks anyway ;)

thank you, i've sort it out with the help of Toleda, cause your dsdt was not good for me, i don't know why but it was giving me KP at boot,
, maybe different devices..
thanks anyway ;)

You're welcome.
Very strange. Are you sure, you have the exact same MOBO and BIOS? Could you please post your working AppleHDA.kext and DSDT.aml here?

Thanks for sharing this information! :thumbup:

Great job!!!! :headbang:

Im just now starting my G5 project & want to use the same PSU placement as you.

1. Did you have to grind off or somehow remove the 3 short stand offs that held the top of the upper HD cage in place? If so, what method was successful for you?

2. Did you permanently screw or attach somehow the PSU to the shelf? Or is it just sitting loose on the shelf??

thanks for your help!!

1. Did you have to grind off or somehow remove the 3 short stand offs that held the top of the upper HD cage in place? If so, what method was successful for you?

I can help you with this one. My first case didn't have the standoffs on the roof but my second did. I just took the case 100% apart and filed them down with a metal file. It took a bit but when it was done, it was perfect.

Jeffinslaw

Did you permanently screw or attach somehow the PSU to the shelf? Or is it just sitting loose on the shelf??

When I did my two G5 mods, I drilled holes in the shelf that lined up with the screws on the fan-side of the PSU and then removed those screws and simply re-inserted them through the plate back into their original holes. One screw had a sticker on it that would void my warranty if I removed it, so I didn't do that one.:eek:

When I did my two G5 mods, I drilled holes in the shelf that lined up with the screws on the fan-side of the PSU and then removed those screws and simply re-inserted them through the plate back into their original holes. One screw had a sticker on it that would void my warranty if I removed it, so I didn't do that one.:eek:

That's what I thought (and what I was initially going to do, but then started 2nd guessing myself). Thanks for all the good answers, everyone!!

Great job!!!! :headbang:

Im just now starting my G5 project & want to use the same PSU placement as you.

2. Did you permanently screw or attach somehow the PSU to the shelf? Or is it just sitting loose on the shelf??

thanks for your help!!

Thank you

As far as I can remember, it was not necessary to remove the 3 short standoffs, because there's enough space behind the PSU.

I mounted the PSU with two of the four screws, that hold the PSU cage together. You can see it on this pic:
20120117-0529.jpg

Good luck with your Mod

MacTester

MacTester57, I tried to PM you with this question but don't have enough posts to PM

MacTester57, Nice G5 Mod! Where did you get your motherboard tray?

I am starting one and noticed your motherboard tray is different, where did you get your motherboard tray? I looked at mountain mods but they are expensive, was wandering if you found a cheaper place since I don't recognize the one you used?

Thanks,
MacModifier

I will post pics when I am done need the tray though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back