Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I have been looking at this site for quite some time and wanted to build a hackintosh for as long as I remember. So I ended up swapping my old x58 motherboard for the gigabyte x58 and everything runs flawless. I couldn't be happier with the end result! Below are some pics I took to show the beast. I am still modifying the side panel ;) but this will give a good idea what it looks like.
(sorry if the Pics are too large, specs are located in my profile)

IMAG0060.jpg

Side view before I swapped out the original dvd drive. Cable management was a pain and still have some I can do.

IMAG0061.jpg

After initial install.

IMAG0062.jpg

Front view with fully functional front i/o panel :D

IMAG0063.jpg

Iso view still with original dvd drive. Notice how psu is mounted on the side. I originally had it mounted where the ssd's are but didnt like how it was going to work with cable management and layout so moved it to the side and also put a 140mm fan in place of psu fan as shown below. there are also two 70mm fans on the back to exhaust, Also new dvd drive.

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

My H50 with duct to help vent the warmer air away from the motherboard. Also I like how it looks.

IMAG0065.jpg

First off I know that the gigabyte sticker isnt supposed to be on there i just wanted a place to put it and itll look nice when my window mod is complete. I had an extra 70mm fan laying around and since my corsair airflow didnt fit any more i decided to put it in there.

IMAG0066.jpg

I got a two foot extension cable for my psu and have it comming out of the back like shown below. The next few pictures are of the back i/o panel. I got the i/o panel and motherboard tray from mountain mods and it fits perfectly I was able to have the back cut out with a jigsaw and installed in one night from my dorm room. It has to be one of the easiest mods ive seen for the back panel and motherboard mounts for the g5 case. ;)

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

Side view with G5 panel installed. Still not sure what I want to do with it when i get my side panel installed. But it looks good

IMAG0073.jpg

About my Mac :D

Overall everything came together flawlessly, I am so thankful for this website and all of the support!

I know that people will not like some of the things I have done but I am happy with the result and want to show that with some time and hard work you can have yourself hackintosh that doesn't look half bad.

Let me know your thought!

Thanks for looking!

Awesome job!!!
As long as you like the job you did it doesn't matter if some people won't. I know some people won't like my build as well because I cut the back panel out but so far I'm happy with my build :)
Like I said, awesome job looks really nice and well put together.

very nice hack :)

Very good mod looks very clean.
Only one question how did you connect the front headphone jack? I can’t make it work correctly so if you can help I will be very grateful and again very nice mod :thumbup:

ranch90

I used a custom cable made for the front I/o panel from a guy on insanelymac. It seems to be working great. Sorry I cant help much...

UPDATE,

Just ran Geekbench and my 32bit Geekbench score was 9221

Integer Processor integer performance 7405
Floating Point Processor floating point performance 14312
Memory Memory performance 5455
Stream Memory bandwidth performance 5298

points in cinebech? novabech?

Nova bench = 1609

2011-04-14 22:28:33 -0500
Mac OS X 10.6.6
Intel Core i7 @ 3070 MHz
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 460

6144 MB System RAM (Score: 146)
- RAM Speed: 5516 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 653)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 259481808
- Integer Operations/Second: 522660224
- MD5 Hashes Calculated/Second: 988217

Graphics Tests (Score: 799)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 1456

Hardware Tests (Score: 11)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 29 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 146 MB/s

Cinebench Release 11.5
Open GL 27.94 fps
CPU 5.59 pts

Did you run Geekbench in 32 or 64 bit?
I only ask because your about 600 higher then me but we have the same mobo and processor and I'm running 12gigs of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back