Contribute
Register

POWER MAC G5 FRONT IO CABLE CUSTOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i'm fairly new to this, just bought a g5 case and ready to mod the front io cable, i just need some help with the diagrams, this one specifically, it states that: view shown here is "top down" od multi-pin connector while connected to motherboard (not "bottom up" after disconnecting from motherboard.) what does this mean? what is the correct configuration for this front panel connector? does anybody have a wiring plan that shows exactly which wires hook up to which?

Attachments

• G5 Front Panel Diagram Annotated.jpg
    G5 Front Panel Diagram Annotated.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,204
hi i'm fairly new to this, just bought a g5 case and ready to mod the front io cable, i just need some help with the diagrams, this one specifically, it states that: view shown here is "top down" od multi-pin connector while connected to motherboard (not "bottom up" after disconnecting from motherboard.) what does this mean? what is the correct configuration for this front panel connector? does anybody have a wiring plan that shows exactly which wires hook up to which?

Hi Salty, Have you checked out BoomR's thread?. BoomR's twist on the G5 Front Panel Quick Guide. It does seem like witchcraft right?. But BoomR's thread helped me understand a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back