Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, can someone approuve what i've done here. My motherboard doesnt have firewire port so i try'ed to figure out how to ground it...
AUDIO HEADERS.pngPOWER AND LED HEADERS.pngUSB HEADERS.pngML.png

Hi, can someone approuve what i've done here. My motherboard doesnt have firewire port so i try'ed to figure out how to ground it...
View attachment 76687View attachment 76688View attachment 76689View attachment 76690

Everything looks good except your usb pinout should be 1. red 5v 2. Green D- 3. white D+ 4. Black Grnd. Your using 2 Different Pinouts for one usb connection. Stick with the top 5 pinouts or the bottom 4. I would stick with the bottom and not use the ground shield should work fine.

after a bit more search i found this ...probably the best way to do without the firewire connector FRONT PANEL RIGHT VERSION.jpg

Hey, anyone know what is audio sense: I am guessing that is for the 4 pin jack with mic in it, but truly not sure. can you confirm please.
I just want to Use a combined jack for my Mac not a split jack headphones.

Cheers Nick!

Hey, anyone know what is audio sense: I am guessing that is for the 4 pin jack with mic in it, but truly not sure. can you confirm please.
I just want to Use a combined jack for my Mac not a split jack headphones.

Cheers Nick!

There's NO Mic Input on the G5 front I/O. It's just stereo output.
Audio Sense pin on the G5 does not work on an ATX motherboard. If you plugin a headphone jack into the G5 socket, then you have to manually switch the audio output to your headphones via Sound Prefs.

See here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back