Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 QuickSilver Mod W.I.P. (almost done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 550
CPU
Intel core 2 duo
Graphics
X3100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first case modding and my first Hackintosh build. The end result is already being tested by a friend to check for Hackintosh and case mod build stability.

MOBO: Old HP leonite
CPU: C2D E4300
PSU: Pulled from an old eMachine.
Ram: Just a bunch (4gb) of DDR2
HDD: Pulled from that same eMachine

i did a few modifications to the case to try and keep the apple layout of hardware the whole thing still needs a lot of polish but the layout is the one I am going to use.

a lot of the ideas i got from here. Pardon me for not being able to mention the names from the top of my head.

This is my first case mod ever done. i only had basic tools and my loyal lil Dremel.

Hopefully I learned something from this progress and help me on my next projects.

I was just gonna keep this to myself but since i got a lot of ideas and inspiration from other posts i figured it was just a matter of writing a little bit and uploading a few pictures.

Peace out, happy modding and hackint0shing.

***** If someone gets to see this can you please show me how to move this post to Case Mods>PowerMac G4. Sorry and Thank you *******

Attachments

• Mobo_Header.jpg
    Mobo_Header.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 757
  • Power_Switch_front.jpg
    Power_Switch_front.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 1,424
  • Power_Switch_back.jpg
    Power_Switch_back.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Mobo_Tray_ATX.jpg
    Mobo_Tray_ATX.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 1,143
  • QS_Case_wip_1.jpg
    QS_Case_wip_1.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 3,119
  • QS_Mod_1.jpg
    QS_Mod_1.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 3,466
Good job! One question, where does that door mounted 80mm(?) front fan draw its air from?

Im not using a dvd so i removed that whole cage and used glue to hold the fan and pull air from the dvd door i know its a tiny lil gap (edge) but i figured a lil air is better than no air. Since im having someone do some testing on it i would soon remove that fan and compare avg temps with and without.
If it is not getting enough airflow in to justify it i can always drill a couple wholes on the dvd door (prefer not to)

Thanks for your interest and hope people can get at least ideas or just will to do a mod of their own. the harder step is to get started

Happy modding

I am getting ready to do a G4 and I will be transplanting a working pentium dual core 6300 system. It will be interesting to see how cooling goes for you as I will probably end up with a similar system.

Hi, can I ask how you wired the power and LED using the power card, dirtwegy.

Hi, can I ask how you wired the power and LED using the power card, dirtwegy.

Sure. i actually based my work on minihack which did an amazing job on putting a very informative tutorial. you can check it out here.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g4/50729-g4-quicksilver-switch.html

but if you still need help I'll gladly help you. Im not always online (once a week) but I'll reply as soon as i see any messages or post.

If anyone else needs help with any other mod or questions just drop a few lines. don't be afraid to post.

Happy Modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back