Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 QuickSilver Mod W.I.P. (almost done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 550
CPU
Intel core 2 duo
Graphics
X3100
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This is my first case modding and my first Hackintosh build. The end result is already being tested by a friend to check for Hackintosh and case mod build stability.

MOBO: Old HP leonite
CPU: C2D E4300
PSU: Pulled from an old eMachine.
Ram: Just a bunch (4gb) of DDR2
HDD: Pulled from that same eMachine

i did a few modifications to the case to try and keep the apple layout of hardware the whole thing still needs a lot of polish but the layout is the one I am going to use.

a lot of the ideas i got from here. Pardon me for not being able to mention the names from the top of my head.

This is my first case mod ever done. i only had basic tools and my loyal lil Dremel.

Hopefully I learned something from this progress and help me on my next projects.

I was just gonna keep this to myself but since i got a lot of ideas and inspiration from other posts i figured it was just a matter of writing a little bit and uploading a few pictures.

Peace out, happy modding and hackint0shing.

***** If someone gets to see this can you please show me how to move this post to Case Mods>PowerMac G4. Sorry and Thank you *******

Attachments

• Mobo_Header.jpg
    Mobo_Header.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 726
  • Power_Switch_front.jpg
    Power_Switch_front.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 1,385
  • Power_Switch_back.jpg
    Power_Switch_back.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 967
  • Mobo_Tray_ATX.jpg
    Mobo_Tray_ATX.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 1,112
  • QS_Case_wip_1.jpg
    QS_Case_wip_1.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 3,090
  • QS_Mod_1.jpg
    QS_Mod_1.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 3,435
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
i5-2550K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Good job! One question, where does that door mounted 80mm(?) front fan draw its air from?

Motherboard
HP 550
CPU
Intel core 2 duo
Graphics
X3100
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Im not using a dvd so i removed that whole cage and used glue to hold the fan and pull air from the dvd door i know its a tiny lil gap (edge) but i figured a lil air is better than no air. Since im having someone do some testing on it i would soon remove that fan and compare avg temps with and without.
If it is not getting enough airflow in to justify it i can always drill a couple wholes on the dvd door (prefer not to)

Thanks for your interest and hope people can get at least ideas or just will to do a mod of their own. the harder step is to get started

Happy modding

Motherboard
G41M-ES2L
CPU
Q6600
Graphics
9400GT
I am getting ready to do a G4 and I will be transplanting a working pentium dual core 6300 system. It will be interesting to see how cooling goes for you as I will probably end up with a similar system.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4771
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Hi, can I ask how you wired the power and LED using the power card, dirtwegy.

Motherboard
HP 550
CPU
Intel core 2 duo
Graphics
X3100
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi, can I ask how you wired the power and LED using the power card, dirtwegy.

Sure. i actually based my work on minihack which did an amazing job on putting a very informative tutorial. you can check it out here.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g4/50729-g4-quicksilver-switch.html

but if you still need help I'll gladly help you. Im not always online (once a week) but I'll reply as soon as i see any messages or post.

If anyone else needs help with any other mod or questions just drop a few lines. don't be afraid to post.

Happy Modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.