Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 Cube Intel Reloaded Edition - my 2nd Hackintosh Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some history: all my systems are now running the newest clover version (the Hemi in UEFI mode). The Cube and the Hemi are running the new XCPM power management mode.
I'm in trouble... The Cube has the new XCPM or not?
I don't know why your DSDT give me KP at start (with clover and chimera boot loader), with my DSDT I don't have problem...

Today I'll try again with a new clover installation with your new config.plist file.
Stay tuned... ;)

EDIT:
I've just installed Yosemite with clover method. With USB Drive used for installation, the system boot correctly (I changed only E1000 ethernet kext that doesn't work) with Clover installed in EFI partition of Macintosh HD, the system hang at boot (Error allocating 0x1401 pages...... Error loading kernel cache.....)
What drivers I've to put in driver64 and driver64UEFI for normal boot? I've tried various combination, copying from USB stick but without success.

I'm in trouble... The Cube has the new XCPM or not?

XCPM was introduced with Ivy Bridge, but it is backwards compatible with Sandy Bridge. My current configuration runs with legacy power management, because there were always some PM related error messages in console with XCPM.

As I said, the Cube runs in legacy Clover mode. I've used the suggested legacy configuration in Tonys guide.

Do not use GenericUSBXHCI.kext

What drivers I've to put in driver64 and driver64UEFI for normal boot? I've tried various combination, copying from USB stick but without success.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-08 um 19.59.35.pngBildschirmfoto 2015-01-08 um 19.59.51.pngBildschirmfoto 2015-01-08 um 20.00.46.png

Last edited:
Thanks MacTester, you're very helpful, but the issue remain the same. I made other test and finally I've reinstalled everything from beginning.
Now the system boot normally from internal SSD! I don't know where is the culprit, the important thing is that works!
The new issue is the ethernet. Do you remember I said that I've to change the kext file because the ones you have give me don't work? Now with the new kext (extrapolated from multibeast) don't work either.
Where can I check for find the problem?
Another question: Why when I boot from USB Installer in the Clover information I read "EFI Revision: 2.40", while when I boot from internal disk Clover give me "EFI Revision: 2.31"?
This thing change the screen resolution of clover display too.

Thanks again!

EDIT:
No, the system was too unstable, so I decided to start all over again.
I recreated the usb installer changing USB Stick (which, in hindsight, seems to be the culprit). In fact now the installation is done in two stages as had happened to me the first times with Clover, while the last few times, with the other USB stick, the installation did not require a reboot ...
Now everything is more stable: the ethernet works, boot from the internal SSD is fine.
The only thing wrong is the audio! I used your DSDT file, but the script of toleda always returns the same error: "No audio codec" (among other things with your files config.plist and realtekALC.kext, should already make the working sound, is not it? )
Doing some debug with IOregistry, I always have the value "00 00 00 00" on id-layout and in DPCIManager, the Codec ID field is null. I tried every inject id in Audio section of config.plist.
What's wrong this time? Is there any particular setup in the BIOS?
Another question, for my setup (i3-3225) would not be suitable the setting "iMac13,1" instead of "MacMini6,2" seen that the configuration Education was equipped with the same CPU?
Thanks to all those who will help me.

Last edited:
Hi MacTester, I finally got my i7 Cube updated to 10.10.2 Yosemite. Had to re-arrange my office and connect it to a different monitor to do it. Simply would not work on the 27" LED Cinema. My PowerMac G5 uses the 27" exclusively now, which is great. Nonetheless, the Cube's got its own home now on a different desk using an Apple 20" Aluminum Cinema Display. Looks very retro with its original bowling ball speakers and works like a charm.

Cheers!

Hi ersterhernd

I've done the 10.10.2 update today, using the app store. Still works flawless with the 27" ACD. The only issue (as expected) is, that I will have to re-patch the AppleHDA.kext. But as you know, I only use my USB-modded Pro Speakers with the Cube, so this doesn't have priority.

Gruss
MacTester

The G4 Cube (which is still my main system) is now updated to El Capitan 10.11.0

USB was fixed in accordance with this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html I didn't use SSDT-XOSI.aml and applied the following DSDT fix instead: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 7)

The only issue at the moment is, that the Finder sometimes crashes, if the right mouse button is used (same issue on the HemiMac G4). View attachment 155557 Any thoughts?

[video=youtube_share;kHD9RhjhOgg]https://youtu.be/kHD9RhjhOgg[/video]

MacTester

Last edited:
Hi MacTester, long time no hear!

Your El Capitan builds look good. Not sure about the Finder issue, havent seen that one pop up so far. My only issue is the second-stage boot graphics corruption, which does not affect performance at all.

We were only 10 km from you last week... straight up above you. We flew directly over your city on our way from Italy back to the UK. Its beautiful to see from 38,000 feet on a clear day.

Hope all is well with your family.

Cheers!
Ersterhernd

Hi ersterhernd

good to hear, that you are fine! We are also fine, thanks.

The finder issue is solved. The culprit was my Sony BC-5600S BluRay drive! In the meantime, I've replaced it with a Hitachi-LG GA 32N DVD drive (I still need a DVD drive and the toaster-effect is just a must-have in a G4 Cube). No issues anymore.

20151021-PA214501.jpg

The 10.11.1 update is also done and the cube runs as good as never before - just perfect!

Greetings from all

MacTester

Last edited:
This Project is so cool ;) are you from germany ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back