Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 Cube Intel Reloaded Edition - my 2nd Hackintosh Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for the input, minihack. I have tried over and over but no go. The azul kext may be the culprit, but at this point I'm not prepared to waste any more time on it. 10.10.2 is likely coming soon so will hope that solves it.

Cheers!

Thx for the input, minihack. I have tried over and over but no go. The azul kext may be the culprit, but at this point I'm not prepared to waste any more time on it. 10.10.2 is likely coming soon so will hope that solves it.

Cheers!

:)

No prob.s.

Just as reference, I am currently using the alternative frame buffer for the Azul kext ( 0x0A, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A) not the default (0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0D ). This alternative is 'officially' an HD 5000 frame buffer, whereas the default one is an HD 4600 frame buffer - whether that makes any difference I don't really know as once I have found something that works for my situation I tend to stop looking....

The azul kext may be the culprit...

Hi ersterhernd,

My ACD 27" works fine with 10.10.1 and the stock framebuffer. Is your Video Memory set to 64MB in the BIOS? I guess that your DSDT may be the culprit. My DSDT has the following patches:
Toleda:
-AMI-Clean_Compile-7-series

PJALM:
-SMBUS

Sourceforge:
-DTGP
-HD4k GFX

RehabMan:
-[usb] 7-series/8-series USB
-[usb] 7-series USB3 Multiplex

Good luck

MacTester

Can u post the dsdt MacTester ?

Maybe it will work.

Cheers!

Hi Ersterhernd

Here are my DSDT & SSDT. Good luck.

Gruss
MacTester

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 220
Thanks MacTester, will give this a try on the weekend.

Cheers!

Thanks MacTester, will give this a try on the weekend.

Hi ersterhernd,

I hope it did work?

On another note. My Magic Mouse does now work much smoother, after I've removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext and applied RehabMan's USB fixes in my DSDT.

Cheers!

Nope, Mactester it did not. I didn't update to 10.10.1 but rather just tried booting to a 10.10.1 USB installer stick. It hung, no matter what I tried...

Alas.

Hi MacTester57,
I've tried to install Yosemite with clover boot manager, but I have many issues and, last but not least ,a problem to my 2TB data hardisk :( Now I try to rescue data (with ddrescue) to new hdd.
So, I reinstall Yosemite with unibeast approach. I have an Intel core i3-3225, so your DSDT cause me KP, then I've recreated it with the same patch you have selected. I resolve graphics glitch with ersterhernd method.
Now I have too many problems with SSDT! When I put "DropSSDT=Yes" option in org.chamaleon.boot.plist, the boot hang on immediately at "Decompressing Kernel using lzvn" line

I tried to remove "UseKernelCache=Yes" from org.chamaleon.boot.plist, and the boot goes beyond last error, but give me KP

If I remove "DropSSDT" option, the system boot normally but I think that power management is not optimal, even if hwsensor reveal frequency change.
I don't understand very well the XCPM matter... I have the 0051 patched bios from the beginning and I've patched the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext too.
Can you help me with these issues?
Thank you so much!

I have an Intel core i3-3225, so your DSDT cause me KP, then I've recreated it with the same patch you have selected

The DSDT is CPU independent.

My cube runs perfectly on Yosemite. Clover is installed in legacy mode. No XCPM is activated. I would suggest to start in save mode, with my last posted DSDT. Then generate a new SSDT with: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Try the attached Clover config.plist

Good luck
MacTester

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back