Contribute
Register

Power issue? Thunderbolt options under Peripherals missing (Z370 Aorus Gaming 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GB Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
ATI 580rx
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm trying to figure out why my second TB3 port (or a second daisy chained device on the first TB3 port) won't work.. and now suddenly the Thunderbolt section under BIOS > peripherals is gone!! What happened?? My first TB3 device is still working, so I'm *very* confused.

Fill out your profile with your system information.

I have the same board as you and after hours of trying to get Hotswap to work I gave up and took the card out. During my time messing wit the cards (Alpine & Titan Ridge) sometimes it would simply just not show up in the bios. Also they would never show up if something was not plug into it.

Is the second device self powered?

What happens when you unplug the second device?

Have you removed the card booted, shut down and then tried installing the card again?

After a LOT of tinkering, I tried updating bios from F7 to F11 and clearing CMOS. Thunderbolt is in the menu again. However, I’m still not able to use a second thunderbolt device (whether daisy chained or connected to the second TB port). I suspect it’s an SSDT thing, but I have NO idea what caused the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back