Contribute
Register

Post your SSD benchmarks using Blackmagic Disk Speed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spec show 120 MB/s max sequential writes so you are doing better than spec. Writes are 420 MB/s spec.

I guess I'm not interpreting the specs right off the newegg page, seems to say up to 510mb/s max sequential write - what do you mean?

Edit: apparently this is common, they do some sort of test using data that favors their device, but other people have been getting 140mb/s max speed on this device as well.

Last edited:
I guess I'm not interpreting the specs right off the newegg page, seems to say up to 510mb/s max sequential write - what do you mean?

Edit: apparently this is common, they do some sort of test using data that favors their device, but other people have been getting 140mb/s max speed on this device as well.

Sorry typo - meant Read spec is 420 MB/s and must have been looking at a different Hyper X model. I just looked at the first one listed.

My information is dated, I haven't stayed up to date with newer tech... But I remember some SSDs that used Sandforce controllers based their write speeds on "compressible" data. If the date being written can not be compressed, measured speeds were dramatically lower.

Crucial BX100 250GB
DiskSpeedTest.png

I think on Z77 motherboard the bus speed is 140mb/s , if the ssd say on specification, write and read with 400mb/s
your motherboard only support 140mb/s. Yo need a motherboard with more bus speed.

Interesting, after enabling trim it's been giving me 300+ mb/s

Interesting, after enabling trim it's been giving me 300+ mb/s

My first motherboard asrock z77m with trim enable works only with 138mb/s.

I was watching this video in pristine quality while I did the test.

Edit: Joke-brag aside, I have a sabertooth z77 which comes with 2 6 gb/s sata ports. (That means something, rite?)

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Images are attached, but when I run the test it takes about 4 cycles before it hits the high speed (so it does the write then the read and then the write again would be the second go). The images are after each time and are just screenshots from a video. Does anyone know why this might be?

Edit: Should have mentioned, the drive is a Samsung PM961 EVO

Attachments

• IMG_4488.PNG
    IMG_4488.PNG
    787.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4490.PNG
    IMG_4490.PNG
    883.9 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_4491.PNG
    IMG_4491.PNG
    861.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited: