Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have noticed there have been tons of threads asking for 'Mac-Like cases' or cases with the 'Apple Aesthetic' and I think I have came up with a solution to the problem; make a mega-thread with cases that look like Apple cases! I have came up with a layout which you can find below for you to post cases that look like Apple cases and so you can contribute to the thread. It shows the name, where you can buy it online, the price, a picture of the case, description of the case from the manufacturer, and any special notes you would like to leave. Lets blow this thread up, I'll start it off!​
Here is the layout if you want to follow what I did, simply copy, paste, and fill in the blanks:
[code:1xvud91p]
Name Of Case
AMAZON LINK 1
AMAZON LINK 2
NEWEGG LINK 1
NEWEGG LINK 2
Price

Form Factor:
Form Factor of case or size of Motherboard
Features:
Features of case
Notes:
anything you feel should that potential buyers should know such as wether or not you own the case, the build quality, things others have said, items you need to purchase with case, etc.​
[/code]

Silverstone FT03
Amazon (Black)
Amazon (Silver)
Newegg (Black)
Newegg (Silver)
$169.99 USD
FT03S-34View-1.jpg

Form Factor:
microATX
Features:
Super small footprint design with no cables on four sides
Stack effect layout with 90 degree motherboard mounting
Support graphics cards of any length
Support full tower CPU coolers
Mandatory cable routing design
Includes hot-swap bay for quick data storage needs
Backside hard drive mounting with passive cooling for silence
Notes:
Requires slim slot-loading optical drive which gets pricey, short PSU cables, while not a requirement, are beneficial due to the layout of the case (cost $19.95 from SilverStone, only officially work with SilverStone PSUs, which are high quality but not cheap), mATX, there have been some bad batches although most recent cases have fixed the quality control issues.​

Re: Mac-Like Cases Mega-Thread (soon to be)

if you spend that mutch on a case you should just go buy a real mac

Re: Mac-Like Cases Mega-Thread (soon to be)

twiztidninja said:
if you spend that mutch on a case you should just go buy a real mac

I have seen people mod G5 cases and spend more than $300 dollars, and some of the most used cases on here are the most expensive, so I am sure most people do not have a problem with spending this much or more on cases!

With this, people are getting a choice. You can have a powerhouse SFF system, have a full ATX tower with whatever parts you want, that is the joy of having a Hackintosh, choice! You can't even get this kind of tower with a real Mac, and in reality the case is not that expensive when you consider the materials it is made out of (granted, the grills are plastic, everything else is steel/aluminum.

The design of cases that cost more than $100 usually have better construction, materials, cooling, and features than a $43 case.

If you buy similiar specs to the Mac Pro, why not just get a Mac Pro?

100_2341.jpg

here's mine =) Lian Li V354 mini ATX but fits a nice big GTX 570 + CPU water cooler.

328910_10100331608061749_16813406_50621952_2048986197_o.jpg

100_2327.jpg

aznguyen316 said:
100_2341.jpg

here's mine =) Lian Li V354 mini ATX but fits a nice big GTX 570 + CPU water cooler.

328910_10100331608061749_16813406_50621952_2048986197_o.jpg

100_2327.jpg

Very nice case Mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back