Contribute
Register

Post your GFXBench Metal results

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its only good for compute background tasks, if you want to know how well your system will run say, metal based games, you are out of luck.

It's more than just background compute tasks. It benchmarking texture rendering abilities.

I don't know of any benchmarks for comparing Metal gaming frame rates.

its Very odd a lot of the test only show a tiny window with garbled graphics...
That was my experience also... Here are my results:
i7 8700k @4.7ghz on all cores
Vega 64 custom water block

Not sure why the performance is horrible in the compare list. I wish we had some options/apps to view actual gpu performance, clockspeeds, temp, etc.

Attachments

• gfxResult.png
    gfxResult.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
That was my experience also... Here are my results:
i7 8700k @4.7ghz on all cores
Vega 64 custom water block

Not sure why the performance is horrible in the compare list. I wish we had some options/apps to view actual gpu performance, clockspeeds, temp, etc.

Which Vega 64 are you using? Are you using one of the Vega fan fixes? Your offscreen results should be better than mine...

Which Vega 64 are you using? Are you using one of the Vega fan fixes? Your offscreen results should be better than mine...
It's a XFX rx design. I am using a ek fluid gaming aluminum block and 2 240mm radiators that cool the gpu and cpu. No fan fixes. Why do you ask, do my numbers look bad? FWIW, my monitor's native res is 4k, but i don't know what res these test are running at. I think my desktop res is like 2560.

It's a XFX rx design. I am using a ek fluid gaming aluminum block and 2 240mm radiators that cool the gpu and cpu. No fan fixes. Why do you ask, do my numbers look bad? FWIW, my monitor's native res is 4k, but i don't know what res these test are running at. I think my desktop res is like 2560.

Yes, your results should be better than mine but they are not and that's why I asked.

I also use a 4K monitor but, supposedly, the monitor resolution should not matter in the offscreen tests.

I know that my results improved after I started using one of the Vega fan fix kext.

Yes, your results should be better than mine but they are not and that's why I asked.

I also use a 4K monitor but, supposedly, the monitor resolution should not matter in the offscreen tests.

I know that my results improved after I started using one of the Vega fan fix kext.

I ran unigen valley to have another baseline. It's interesting that it says 256mb, but in system info it sees it as 8gb.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 53
I ran unigen valley to have another baseline. It's interesting that it says 256mb, but in system info it sees it as 8gb.

I think Valley reporting 256MB is a bug that affects all Vegas.

My Results...
Heaven : 1242
Valley : 1931
GFXBench (any Value that we could consider reference?)
2018.08.15 - Heaven 4.0 (1242).png2018.08.15 - Valley 1.0 (1931).png

Attachments

• 2018.08.19 - GFXBench.png
    2018.08.19 - GFXBench.png
    445.4 KB · Views: 76
By the way there is a new GFXBench for mobile anybody knows if it will be on MacOS too?

I feel most of the benches we are using are quite old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back